ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

E-Kon-I-Me

efsk

Absurd hero
SU-Patron Gold
Apparently the worlds first disposable razor, this llittle wooden thingy. "Just a little shaver" ™ applied for Dec 1917, granted Feb 1918. Intended for the ladies.
DSC05747.JPG
DSC05748.JPG
DSC05749.JPG
DSC05750.JPG
DSC05752.JPG
DSC05753.JPG
DSC05754.JPG
DSC05755.JPG

Last edited:
Can the blade be replaced? Maybe one does not want to replace the blade considering wood soaks up odors and moisture.

Can the blade be replaced? Maybe one does not want to replace the blade considering wood soaks up odors and moisture.
It can't, which is why it's a disposable :cool:

Reactions: ehv
Apparently the worlds first disposable razor, this llittle wooden thingy. "Just a little shaver" ™ applied for Dec 1917, granted Feb 1918. Intended for the ladies.
View attachment 23713
If I understand Waits' correctly the trademark was first used in Dec. 1917 and applied for in Feb 1918.
I wish there was a proper trademark resource on the internet.

Also:
There is a typo on the box:
"A perfecty safe hair remover"

Yes, first disposable razor. Didn't find anything disposable before it. Gets the title for now.

Pat. Applied For
Arrrgggh...
As far as I can tell no patent was actually issued (at least not in the US between 1915 and 1930)
and I just had a look at all razor patent images from that period.
I hate it when I see a really interesting razor with a teaser printed on it and nothing shows up.

Pat. Applied For
Arrrgggh...
As far as I can tell no patent was actually issued (at least not in the US between 1915 and 1930)
and I just had a look at all razor patent images from that period.
I hate it when I see a really interesting razor with a teaser printed on it and nothing shows up.
They were probably too advanced for their time that the whole thing failed and the owners didn't see the relevance of paying the fees for completing the process. I think I should get one of those. I don't have a vintage disposable razor in my collection. This one would fit the bill.

Back