ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Feb. 23rd 2020 - Feb 29nd 2020

Nice warm shave !
Razor , Pearl SSH-01 OC .
Blade , Gillette Nacet ( 3 )
Brush , Atto Primo , ex Horse , with a Maggard Synthetic Knot .
Soap , P&B Albion .
Cologne , Jo Malone , Lime , Basil & Mandarin .
3 Passes big fun .
20200226_172532.jpg

Proraso boar
Cavex silicone bowl
Stirling Varen
Grelot 355 6/8
Stirling Varen asb

Smooth in 3 passes and irritation free.
It could be me, but I noticed a hint of smoke entering my nostrils from the soap lathering the Varen.
I feel like this soap is still maturing, coming of age if you will. Or maybe its just me getting better in discovering the individual scent notes in this soap?
Still a great soap!

Day (5 of 7)
Razor: Timeless 0.95 OC (USA)
Blade: Derby Premium (Turkey)
Pre-Shave: Proraso White (Italy)
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: Proraso White (Italy)
Brush: Proraso Brush (Italy)
Aftershave: Di Barba Aluin (Italy)
Aftershave: Adam’s After Shave (Hungary)
Aftershave: Adam’s After Shave Balm (Hungary)
EDT: None

Proraso boar
Cavex silicone bowl
Stirling Varen
Grelot 355 6/8
Stirling Varen asb

Smooth in 3 passes and irritation free.
It could be me, but I noticed a hint of smoke entering my nostrils from the soap lathering the Varen.
I feel like this soap is still maturing, coming of age if you will. Or maybe its just me getting better in discovering the individual scent notes in this soap?
Still a great soap!

I also smell some smoke in it. Not bad.

Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush,
Pinaud-Clubman Shave Soap,
Timeless Solid Bar scalloped 0.68,
PolSilver Super Iridium 7e x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Vivo Per Lei Hyacinth Hand & Body Lotion,
Pinaud-Clubman After shave lotion Original.

SOTD_20200227.jpg

Brush and soap:
Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush and Pinaud-Clubman Shave Soap:
The Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush took so much soap out of the Pinaud-Clubman Shave Soap box that it can only be used once or twice and that's okay. Although that soap is quite lathery and it shaves, for me it doesn't add much in terms of scent etc. For what it costs it has little to offer then. I also get the shaving comfort with an Arko stick of 9 dimes.
Blade and razor:
The PolSilver Super Iridium for the 7th x used.
The original PolSilver Super Iridium keeps going, while the other one has disappeared in the piggy bank. This original is just fine, but I already knew that. The combi Timeless Solid Bar scalloped 0.68 with this PolSilver Super Iridium is a very nice one. Smooth and soft shaving with a fine result.
Result: BBS.
Finally: Flavoured, scented and greased with the Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Vivo Per Lei Hyacinth Hand & Body Lotion and Pinaud-Clubman After shave lotion Original, I can handle the day again.

I received another test example of a shavette that's nearing it's final production stage. It keeps getting better after each round of tests, I'll definitely will buy one when it appears on the market end of the year. It takes half DE's, SE's and injector blades and will come with two head parts (one for DE and another for the SE and injector).

It shaves comparable to the Schick shavette with SE and injector blades but what surprises me the most is how nice it is with half DE blade in it. I have tried almost every shavette out there over the years (I was still in my weak spine period then) and this is most definitely the winner for me in that category.

? shavette with half Feather blade
Eufros Premium Dama De Noche soap
Action Soup bowl
Plisson synthetic brush
Eufros Rosa Oud balm

IMG_2826.jpeg

MWF lotion
M-Keramiek scuttle
J&T badger
Tabac shaving soap
Le Grelot P Hospital Medaille d'Or 6/8
VDH alum
Dickinson witch hazel
Tabac AS, Tabac gentlemens care as balsem

I recently did a rehone of this blade after suggestions by @efsk and @mhharsta. Now was the first shave and it did deliver. With a cool sound the stubble was gently removed. After the first pass almost everything was removed. The second pass was only needed as a touch up.

F798D633-C911-4A42-A1B5-D99DE3B74E9D.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Bleubeards Revenge
Shaving Soap / Cream: DR Harris Eucalyptus

Aftershave: Speick
Aftershave Balm: Speick

Shaving Brush: Semoque Owners Club 24mm. 2 band

DE-Razor: Fatip SB slant
DE-Blade: Treet Platinum 2x

The first encounter with the Fatip SB slant did not immediately give the haleluja feeling.

Considering the audio sound and the feeling it seems like one side shaves more efficiently than the other side, more shavers who experience this way?

I had a similar experience, to the point where I checked if the blade was aligned correctly. However, my testing this razor is not over yet.

BA9D0A70-F6B8-4BDC-A700-E141A45AC5D0.jpeg
BA9D0A70-F6B8-4BDC-A700-E141A45AC5D0.jpeg
AP Shave Co Synbad 30mm
Catie’s Bubbles - Le Marché du Rasage
Razorock Gamechanger 0.84
Personna Lab Blue (2)
Humprey’s Astringent
Myrsol Formula Extra + Emulsion

Hard to understand that there are people who don’t like the scent of this soap. It is a beautifull aqua type scent. A refined taste is not given to everyone

Day (6 of 7)
Razor: Timeless 0.95 OC (USA)
Blade: Derby Premium (Turkey)
Pre-Shave: Proraso White (Italy)
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: Proraso White (Italy)
Brush: Proraso Brush (Italy)
Aftershave: Di Barba Aluin (Italy)
Aftershave: Adam’s After Shave (Hungary)
Aftershave: Adam’s After Shave Balm (Hungary)
EDT: None

Back