ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Finally! Dilucot Success.

I've asked Gary to sell me his Dressant au Blue (sp?) The one he had listed on Marketplace. It apparently offers a "Brisk" shave. I think I'm to the point I'd like to try something different.

Anyways, I took one of my NOS Shaplieghs to my coti tonight. An ungodly number of laps later, I think I might have it again.

It started out shaving arm hair right out of the box, maybe even sharp enpugh to shave with, but what the hell, I didn't care! Killed the edge on a glass that coincidentaly happened to be holding my Mohito, and got to work.
I have no idea how many times I had to refresh the slurry before i had a new bevel set, might have been 4 or 5 times. It sure was a lot! Hundreds of laps.
Then a nice slow dilution with a fairly light, fresh slurry, 50 or 60 laps between single drops of water, 4 sets of 10 half-strokes and then about 20 x-strokes per set, and probably 150 laps with clear water, the last 50 my lightest... oh so very light... x-stokes. Felt almost like I was honing with oil it was so smooth. Another 150 laps with a nice thick lather just for a bit of over-kill. Arm hair and HHT looks very promising but I won't know for sure how it turned out until tomorrow. I'm pretty optomistic though. If this doesn't put a killer edge on this razor, I'll be ready to throw in the towel on this stone.

Back