ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Ginge

efsk

Absurd hero
SU-Patron Gold
Ginge is a razorbrand that originates in a small Danish village. Hard to find any razors by them, they seem to have focused on breadslicers, as did that other Danish brand Raadvad.
Basically, this is a copy of the British Shard razor. I have chrome and Nickel ones with a topcap with swivelscrew, and a Nickel one with a normal screw, yet there the head is painted with something. The chrome-one came on a Gillette Tech handle, the Nickel in its original box, with chinese blades. I do not believe these are original.
Nickel first, Chrome bottom.

DSC03547.JPG
DSC03548.JPG
DSC03549.JPG
DSC03550.JPG
DSC03551.JPG
DSC03553.JPG
DSC03555.JPG
DSC03556.JPG
DSC03557.JPG
DSC03558.JPG
DSC03559.JPG
DSC03560.JPG
DSC03561.JPG

Great back story and pictures Richard. As a Dane I am in full blown razor envy :sabber1

I remember the bread slicers from when I was a kid - the Danish specialty bread “rugbrød” always needed to be cut in the these slicers. Today they come sliced so no more need for the slicers.

I even think that Ginge and Raadvad at one point was merged. I remember the company name Ginge-Raadvad.

Thanks for sharing!!

So the Gillette Tech fat handle design came as part of the razor and not a mismatch or Frankenrazor?
The Tech-handle is a mismatch. It doesn't fit the circular case the razors came in, and doesn't really fit when there's no blade in the razor either.
Interestingly enough, both head and original bakelite handle only fit in one direction in the case. Would I, on the second pic from above, turn the handle 180° so the bottom end points left it won't lower enough to be able to screw the lid on the case.

As I reviewed more closely the top pic of the case to see what you were talking about, I noticed the Rhino Chinese blade s. The blade is cutting the rhino in half, much like the Nacet blade cuts the alligator in half. The Chinese even stole intellectual property in a trademark! :Eek

Beautiful razors Peter, and very neat cases. Handles and head look nice and solid, do they feel that way too?
Why any monkey would want to climb up a spitting seal is beyond me though.

Beautiful razors Peter, and very neat cases. Handles and head look nice and solid, do they feel that way too?
Why any monkey would want to climb up a spitting seal is beyond me though.

Thanks Richard! - Yes they feel quite sturdy - and haha, yes I knew you would catch that and be wondering :lol

Back