ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Gladweg

FvL

Last weekend I went to my first flea market since CoVid, the first time since a year and a half....
One of my finds was a Gladweg razor I hadn't seen before. I thought to add it to the Gladweg thread, and discovered that there was no such thing...

Gladweg is a Dutch brand, making shaving supplies since 1929. production and sales stopped halfway the war. After the war they tried to come back selling blades, but the brand disappears in the late 40's.

Their first razors seem to be clones of the Gillette. All are marked with Gladweg in the handle.
SAM_2416.JPG

This model is very common over here. A bit cheap, and I have the same razor with other brands etched in the top.
SAM_2421.JPG

They did sell better models though. Here an OC and a slant:
SAM_2419.JPG

I don't believe they made the razors themselves, and have long suspected a link with the swedish Swing. Here a comparison with a swing, but the handle of the swing is much thicker....
SAM_2420.JPG

Another OC model. Gladweg impressed in the bottom plate and on the box::
SAM_2422.JPG

And my latest find:
SAM_2425.JPG

With both a closed and a open comb:
SAM_2426.JPG

It has some scratches but is still functional.

Last edited:
Back