ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Guess the layer game again :)

Matt

Hi folks,

As some of you might have noticed, I sold one of my La Dressantes to buy a fingery coticule for more warped edges or extra selective work. And here it came today, hurray! :w00t: Sides are 179 and 171 mm long, width at one end is 21 mm at the other - 31 mm.

For those of you who fancy "guess the layer" game - there you go. I know the answer, since Maurice picked this one for me. The winners will get a virtual handshake from me. :)

Pictures are from my mobile, sorry, the batteries in my DSLR are dead - I got to buy a fresh set or rechargeables.

thanks for watching, enjoy
Matt

-----

[c]DRY
finger_top_dry.jpg

finger_side1_dry.jpg

finger_side2_dry.jpg

[/c]

[c]WET

finger_top_wet.jpg

finger_side1_wet.jpg

finger_side2_wet.jpg
[/c]

It should actually say Le Matt. :D

Ok, there's a hint... It's not La Dressante. :)

Reminds me a bit of Vaultn°28, but the other way round.
I have no idea about the layer.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Okay, the winner is... well only Jared tried, and he got it, it's La Grise. :) Kudos!

I'm comparing the actual stone and the pictures, and the colour is slightly shifted towards the red, my bad. :blush: Actual colour leans a tad more toward greenish yellow.

So, how consistent is La Grise? I've searched through our forum, and found much information that these are mellow finishers, do they display much variability?

cheers,
Matt

Consistent in what sense? If in speed, I've found them to be all over the place.

How does yours perform?

In every sense imaginable. :)

I've just done DiluCot on this coticule, really easy going (it was my first contact with it :)). HHT-3 off the stone. I can't tell if it was thanks to its narrowness alone, or this particular specimen is just so user friendly. It definitely made me realize that I have still a lot to learn with my LGB. :)

Pleasant, chalky feeling, noticeable draw, and very, very faint sense of abrasion on water only. The shave test is pending. :thumbup:

cheers,
Matt

Matt said:
In every sense imaginable. :)

I've just done DiluCot on this coticule, really easy going (it was my first contact with it :)). HHT-3 off the stone. I can't tell if it was thanks to its narrowness alone, or this particular specimen is just so user friendly. It definitely made me realize that I have still a lot to learn with my LGB. :)

Pleasant, chalky feeling, noticeable draw, and very, very faint sense of abrasion on water only. The shave test is pending. :thumbup:

cheers,
Matt

Yes, I've found all the La Grises I've tried to be very easy to use. They really taught me how to listen and feel for the feedback from the stone. For example, when finishing, there is a sudden tactile change that you may notice when you're almost there and another sudden tactile change when you're basically there.

And, as you'll notice from the side cut of your stone, there is definitely plenty of visual variation through the sublayers of the vein!

Back