ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Had to post a pic

IsaacRN

Well,

I have a very nice Robert Williams Purist razor. After receiving it from him, it was very sharp, but I felt a bit harsh. I took it to the hybrid side of my coti and did about 100 laps. Its a smooth mellow shaver now. Anyway, this is a picture of the shave setup.

Here it is

Coticule.jpg

I really like the Proraso. Good stuff for sure.

Of the 30+ aftershaves I have...I have basically narrowed it down to these 4

Italian Floid
DR Harris Pink
Proraso
Pinaud Clubman

Hi Isaac,

The razor looks absolutely awesome!:thumbup: :thumbup:
How long did it take to receive "the Purist" once ordered from Robert? How do you like it as a shaver( balance, ease of use, sharpening.... etc.)? I'm seriously thinking of putting in an order and wonder how people are enjoying this blade. I already shave with a couple of Kamisori Japanese razors and this looks like another step on the evolutionary razor scale.
Thanks for the pic.

Cheers Mike.

Mr.Mr said:
Hi Isaac,

The razor looks absolutely awesome!:thumbup: :thumbup:
How long did it take to receive "the Purist" once ordered from Robert? How do you like it as a shaver( balance, ease of use, sharpening.... etc.)? I'm seriously thinking of putting in an order and wonder how people are enjoying this blade. I already shave with a couple of Kamisori Japanese razors and this looks like another step on the evolutionary razor scale.
Thanks for the pic.

Cheers Mike.

Its a wonderful shaver. I received it in a trade for a Filarmonica Doble Temple blade that I had. I think i received the better end of the deal. It is probably just a bit bigger than your Kamisori razors. I was shocked at how small some of those are. I dont shave with it often, but when I do its an enjoyable experience. I havent needed to sharpen it at all. Robert does an amazing job with the razor. I just mellowed it out a bit on the coticule. Its pretty easy to strop, but the grips that are etched can catch on the strop a bit. Overall, I would to it again :)

Scott, Isaac has a way of getting people to part with good stuff :rolleyes:

That reminds me... how's that Semogue LE '09?

richmondesi said:
Scott, Isaac has a way of getting people to part with good stuff :rolleyes:

That reminds me... how's that Semogue LE '09?

ROFL...

It is actually going to be used today with the above setup. It too has a great home. Wow...i really had to laugh at that one, making me feel like a stalker in the bushes just waiting :p

Think of it this way. Im that guy that people send their unruly dogs to. Like...you wanna get rid of that, well I know a guy. But we love him, its just that..... Dont worry about it, this guy is a good guy that will take care of it. He will pay fair price, and if he ever needs to sell your dog, hell give you a call first :thumbup:

im digging quite a hole here..

Im saying im greatful for being able to pick up all the brushes/razors/stones that you all sell.

When your ready to sell that new Veinette...just give me a holler MUHAHAHAHA

Back