ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Hello everybody

stefanom

Hello to you all guys,
I'd like to present myself as a new member of this community: my name's Stefano, and I live in Milan, Italy.

I'm a total newbie on razors and super honing (I mean "super" with duly respect!), I found this site while surfing the web in search of information about honing stones.

First impression was... WOW! A plenty of information, a door opening on a new world... first of all, I'd like to thank the owner of the site and all the people who contributed to create such a great place.

A little background on me: my interest on honing stones comes from being a knives collector, mainly slipjoints from US makers and regional blades from Italy. We always refer to "razor edge" to indicate a well honed knife, but of course our vision of razor edge is a little bit far from what I've seen here (HTT1 and above).

As I like honing my knives, I've bought a couple of stones (Japanese 1k-6k) and a leather strop with green chromium paste. I think I'd like to try these BBW and possibly Coticule stones in the future (didn't know about their existence until I found this site).

Last but not least, I hope I can be of some humble help to the forum (even I can only think of some translating job right now :) )

Thanks for your attention and welcome.

Stay sharp.
StefanoM.

Hello Stefano, and welcome to Coticule.be

Many thanks for the kind words, I hope you enjoy your time here, and best wishes

Ralfson (Dr)

Stefanom,
Welcome to this wonderful comunity.
The guys here are a good bunch and very helpful.

Regards
Joey Gargano

Welcome Stefano,

and thank you for the kind words.

Straight razor honing is indeed different than knife honing. In a way it is easier (no honing angle to keep steady). But it also offers challenges of its own. Not in the least because the result is judged one of the most discriminating test imaginable: the shaving of facial hair!

I had nearly 20 years of experience sharpening woodworking tools when I attempted to sharpen my first straight razor. It utned out a whole new world opening up. :)

Enjoy your membership,
Bart.

You well come in coticule.be And due to i am Greek ,una fatsa una razza my friend.
Best regards
Emmanuel

Welcome Stefano,
This is a good place to learn and lay back and enjoy! Many opinions and ideas and a lot of real data!
Respectfully
~Richard

Hello again, and thanks for the warm welcome!

Emmanuel, during my years at university (too many years ago... time's flying away too fast!), I had a friend from Athens who was a brother to me... too bad I lost his contact and wasn't able to find him, neither on facebook or similar.

I still remember all the discussions we had, playing cards and drinking beer... and how he dated the prettiest girl in the company! :))) I only regret I've forgotten most of the greek sentences he tried to teach me, as usually I only remember all the bad ones! :)

I'll go to sleep... 'notte a tutti (goodnight to everyone).
Stefano.

I dont know if i can help you Stefano.Maybe if you give me some details i can find him.If is intersted send me a Pm with all you remenber.
Best regards
Emmanuel

Back