ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Help identifying

Islander

Hi all!
This is my small coticule, a natural combo, I think?
I have also a slurry stone but with slate backing, I´m pretty sure.
Would appreciate any help trying to figure this one out...
What I´ve noticed so far is that it seems to take a while making slurry and it feels wuite hard, almost like glass.
I haven´t any other to compare so any info on what to expect or not would be great. B)

And sorry for the crappy photos, BTW....:cry:

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

You well come in coticule.be my friend.I cant see clearly the sides.It shows like La Dressante without prejudice.
Best regards
Emmanuel

I would go for a La Grosse Jaune as - though hard to determine by the pictures - it looks excatly like the one I have.In fact it looks like it`s twin sister !

A very small image but check this out:

252787_1968533205964_1021973112_2306385_7461750_n.jpg

Torbs

Welcome to Coticule.be.

Without better focussed pictures, I really can't recognize the layer of this stone.

Based on your description and on how the surface looks, Could you please check for a series of faint blue lines running parallel with the separation line, at the side of the hone. If you see those, the stone is beyond doubt a La Nouvelle Veine, slow side of that layer.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Back