ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

I apologize

Disburden

I just want to say that if I ever offended anyone that loves their coticule, I apologize. This week has been the best shaves ever in my life without any other stones other than the coticule stones I own. I am currently thinking about selling all my other hones that I own including Eschers.

These are great stones!

Nick,

While that's a very big thing for you to do, I really don't think that anyone ever was offended by anything you said. You are now where some of us have been, and any negative posts about their capabilities don't even begin to affect me because I know what I've experienced.

I have shaved with many variations of finishes done by guys with varying experience, and I've never had any experience that was remarkably better than a coticule finish. It's really great that even with your skepticism and (what I perceived as) bias, that you worked to really understand your stone and get great results with it.

I don't think I'd be in a hurry to sell off anything, but if you sell that Escher, you might get some nice razors or something.

Enjoy the shaves, and welcome to "The Enlightenment" :lol:

Kind regards,

Paul

do you n o what nick thats why i emailed several guys including your self about the comparison of escher finish and coticule. i have tryed three differant very good quality eschers, and i have tryed every combination going. but still i just preferd the coticule finish. i thought the same i'm going to sell my escher after christmas.no ofense to escher lovers but they just don't do it for me . i evenn had echer honed edges from a chap and all though they were good shavers i still preferd the coticule edge.

the shaves you can get of coticule are as soft and smooth as it can get, only if you get it spot on, but when you do the shave is what i call magical.

cheers gary

garyhaywood said:
do you n o what nick thats why i emailed several guys including your self about the comparison of escher finish and coticule. i have tryed three differant very good quality eschers, and i have tryed every combination going. but still i just preferd the coticule finish. i thought the same i'm going to sell my escher after christmas.no ofense to escher lovers but they just don't do it for me . i evenn had echer honed edges from a chap and all though they were good shavers i still preferd the coticule edge.

the shaves you can get of coticule are as soft and smooth as it can get, only if you get it spot on, but when you do the shave is what i call magical.

cheers gary
All that money I paid for the Escher and now you're going to sell yours? We won't be able to do any more experiments? No fair. I'm not selling mine--I've got too many knives in the kitchen. YP, Denny

For all those contemplating selling their Eschers, if you would be so kind as to inform me as to where they are to be sold so I would have an opportunity to purchase. I've wanted to try an escher for some time.
I may like it, I may not, but I'll never know until I try one..

Hope you want to spend over $500 just to check it out. Ouch! I will post something in Marketplace one of these days on my smaller Escher I got here. It wouldn't be that expensive.

Nick,

No one should ever apologize for speaking his mind.

I believe you experienced what I like to call the Coticule epiphany. A shave during which one can feel his whiskers being severed one by one, with a strange pleasant sensation. I find it almost impossible to describe: it's not that the hairs are wiped away, it's not a dragging nor a cutting sensation, but almost as if the whiskers are released somehow. And they like it.
I don't know if there are many cigar smokers here, but when a perfectly build Robusto is cut with consideration and precision, it gives a perfect, highly agreeable draw. Not the kind of drag that gives you a headache while sucking your brains out. But neither a draw that feels as if you're drawing air through a wide straw. No, it's a perfect resistance, that adds it's own pleasure to the smoke.
A special dimension. And that's exactly similar to what an epiphanic Coticule edge can add to a shave.

I don't experience these edges with every shave. Far from. I come close, now more than ever, but only occasionally I hit the magical target. But I know this target is within reach of a Coticule. I don't know if that is exclusive to Coticules. Probably not. But when someone has experienced the true brilliance of this whetstone, I don't think he will ever want to part with his Coticule.

Thanks for posting, Nick.

Bart.

Bart said:
Nick,

I don't know if there are many cigar smokers here, but when a perfectly build Robusto is cut with consideration and precision, it gives a perfect, highly agreeable draw. Not the kind of drag that gives you a headache while sucking your brains out. But neither a draw that feels as if you're drawing air through a wide straw. No, it's a perfect resistance, that adds it's own pleasure to the smoke.
A special dimension. And that's exactly similar to what an epiphanic Coticule edge can add to a shave.

Bart.

I actually just had a Partagas D4 the other night that I aged for a year and it was heaven on this green Earth, I usually prefer a Corona Extra myself but this robusto made me appreciate these vitola more!
:thumbup:

I'd like to jump in there on my interest in picking up an Escher even a smaller one. In fact finances wise that would probably be best for me:)

Well done Nick :thumbup:
as said from me about being sorry, theres no need at all
hows the enlightenment going? and did you break the news to sham yet? lol

BTW any interest in stones for sale should be dealt with through emails or in the market place, but of course you all knew that and its all cool ;)

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Hello,

BlackTan and Gunner777... I have two Eschers for sale. If you are interested, please send me a PM.

Regards,
Urmas

[warn]
tat2Ralfy said:
BTW any interest in stones for sale should be dealt with through emails or in the market place, but of course you all knew that and its all cool ;)

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)
[/warn]

Bart said:
I believe you experienced what I like to call the Coticule epiphany. A shave during which one can feel his whiskers being severed one by one, with a strange pleasant sensation. I find it almost impossible to describe...
I recently had such an experience myself...quite remarkable is all I'll say (although not commenting on something that is remarkable seems kind of odd, now that I think about it.)

Back