ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

I crave the next best thing from Belgium!

Jens

I haven't been to Belgium for a long time know, I used to travel there
in work-related matters every know & then, but I have another position know & don't travel much.
The absolute upside of that is being home more & seeing the kids & more time to hone the occassional razor...

But, the worst part with it is the lack of genuine Belgian waffles :cry:

Everyday I spent in Brussels I had atleast one of those.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_waffle

Thick, crispy, yummy, chocolate sauce all over...

There is a few decent places here in Stockholm that serves Belgian waffles, one of those cafés
are even run by a Belgian immigrant.
But somehow it doesn't taste the same.

Sitting in the afternoon at a Belgian café, a bit tired & weary from the last few days intensive work scheme, the server comes out, white coat, thin waxed moustache,friendly face, put this down in front of you...

"Bon appétit monseiur!"
2usdic7.jpg

Makes your soul lift & your life feel as smooth as a coticule-honed straight razors edge :)

Now I want one :)

Isn't it funny how we seem to enjoy things more in their native surroundings? The logical mind would tell us that there is no reason for things to be that way, however I believe mind set, and setting have a big influence over how we perceive experiences.

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Man I love these. I didn't know there's a special incarnation of 'Belgian' waffles out there.

Well, indeed, they have some good things, like chocolate and beer, too, but the beer from Belgium costs four times the regular price here, so I skip on this :/

cheers,
Matt

Oh mates dont speak about waffles.When Patricia makes them specialy Christmas period the minimum
quanity is 200,250 pcs.She call them in french galette.
Rgds
Emmanuel

tat2Ralfy said:

Isn't it funny how we seem to enjoy things more in their native surroundings? The logical mind would tell us that there is no reason for things to be that way, however I believe mind set, and setting have a big influence over how we perceive experiences.

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Good Doctor, I have to point out some exceptions here. Best Indian food is in London. :D

Best Indian diamond [img=60]http://www.dancewithshadows.com/society/images/koh-i-noor-diamond.jpg[/img]:sneaky: is in the Tower of London. :mad:

tat2Ralfy said:

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

5453202053_72c7aee462_z.jpg

Ralf ,if you want always availability should marry one more wife ,but this time Belgian.
Your friend
Emmanuel

Now that's just goddamn mean! Bastard! :lol:

I think I'll have a serious talk with Anna, hahaha

danjared said:
I hear you Belgians were running around naked in the streets eating fries yesterday.

That's what not having a government does to people. Apparently.
So be careful what you wish for your side of the big pond !

Emmanuel said:

Ralf ,if you want always availability should marry one more wife ,but this time Belgian.
Your friend
Emmanuel

This is one of the best shave of the day pictures ever. :D

Decraew said:
icondanjared:
I hear you Belgians were running around naked in the streets eating fries yesterday.

Wim, don't catch cold!;)

Emmanuel said:
tat2Ralfy said:

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Your friend
Emmanuel

Ei Ralf.Nothing about that. You did'nt replace your wife so far.

Your Friend
Emmanuel

decraew said:
danjared said:

Best country of the world, where nothing used to be taken too seriously, except of course The Good Life (beer, waffles, chocolate, etc).
If we had politicians who took their job seriously, we would of course long had a government...
As long as they don't split up the country (I don't want to change the URL in www.Coticule.fr), it's ok to have no government. No government = no messing thing up. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Bart

Yes Sir.They are more healthy, but not specific things in Belgium All these find freshest in Greece.
Best regards
Emmanuel

Bart said:
decraew said:
danjared said:
Best country of the world, where nothing used to be taken too seriously, except of course The Good Life (beer, waffles, chocolate, etc).
If we had politicians who took their job seriously, we would of course long had a government...
As long as they don't split up the country (I don't want to change the URL in www.Coticule.fr), it's ok to have no government. No government = no messing thing up. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Bart
I would gladly run naked around the streets eating fries if it guaranteed our politicians to be replaced with Belgian beers and chocolates. :rolleyes:

Back