ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

I Made A Brush !!

Rafly, a wonderfult brush you did. :)
The shape of the handle is quite uncommon (at least to me) so would you bothet to report how comfortable it is to use it?
And a tech part of me keeps nagging to ask following questions:
- Where did you take the hair part from? Did you dismantle another brush?
- Do you somehow protect brass from verdigris?
- After raising a foam, can you stand it on the helve or should you actually keep it in the mug? And do you put it on some stand to let it dry (the one visible on the pictures maybe)?

Last but not least, warm greetings to Pink Flamingo Lady. :thumbup:

Many thank you for the kind words, lets see about the tech parts:

maro said:
I bought the hair part (knot) from Tony at the Golden Nib, he does lots of different ones, my experience and those of others show his products to be very good as is his service, check out his site http://www.thegoldennib.com/

maro said:
Verdigis is formed on Copper not brass, the worst that I expect is the brass to dull a little with time, the brass I used is "half hard" and oxidises slowly, also everytime I use any brush I dry the handle well, so that should help.

maro said:
- After raising a foam, can you stand it on the helve or should you actually keep it in the mug? And do you put it on some stand to let it dry (the one visible on the pictures maybe)?
I keep it in the mug or bowl when I am shaving, but all of brushes are always left to dry on a stand, this one shares the stand in the pictures with 3 others, by the time the stand is needed for the next brush it is completely dry.

maro said:
Bless you and thanks Maro.

My warmest wishes to you and yours
Ralfson (Dr)

Many thank you for the kind words, the brush is very comfortable to use, and the handle is good for whipping up Lather, most "Barbers" brushes that I know of have long handles, indeed I have an original "Barbershop Boar" made in Austria that is as long as this one, lets see about the tech parts:

maro said:
I bought the hair part (knot) from Tony at the Golden Nib, he does lots of different ones, my experience and those of others show his products to be very good as is his service, check out his site http://www.thegoldennib.com/

maro said:
Verdigis is formed on Copper not brass, the worst that I expect is the brass to dull a little with time, the brass I used is "half hard" and oxidises slowly, also everytime I use any brush I dry the handle well, so that should help.

maro said:
I keep it in the mug or bowl when I am shaving, but all of brushes are always left to dry on a stand, this one shares the stand in the pictures with 3 others, by the time the stand is needed for the next brush it is completely dry.

maro said:
Bless you and thanks Maro.

My warmest wishes to you and yours
Ralfson (Dr)

tat2Ralfy said:
Verdigis is formed on Copper not brass...
Yeah, wrong word but you've got the point. :)
tat2Ralfy said:
How do you store it then?

Hey Dr.

By the way..... GREAT BRUSH man :love: :love:
I think you must have some inky twinky golden hands, ya know :w00t:
Cheers,
rudy

Back