ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

I'm a coticule whore....

StraightRazorDave

So it's official, I'm a coticule whore. I already have 5 coticules (4 or which are natural combos) and I just paypalled the money to Rob at Ardennes for another!!!

I am really intrigued by my La Grosse Blanche coticule from the vault (no. 15), so much so that I inquired about another La Grosse Blanche from the quarry. Well they had one, and it's a biggie! So I will be getting a 200x60mm La Grosse Blanche in the mail sometime over the next couple of weeks. It wasn't cheap as it's a large selected rectangular coticule...but I could not resist a large one from such a bizarre layer as La Grosse Blanche. :rolleyes:

I'm excited. :lol:

You'll get amazing edges. But that you already know.
And it's a safer investment than gold. As long as you don't drop it...:scared:

Have fun with it,

Bart.

You started it. I don't have any coticules that aren't natural combos. The one on which I humbly wait, a 2x6, will include a combo nagura, so I am counting it twice. :)

I do have a couple BBW's, one of which, the larger, is darker than usual, and had me a little concerned till I tested it. It seems extremely hard and dense but I don't know if that's good or otherwise. It works good, cuts fast. :)

There's a 2x4 with extra thick BBW, and about 5-6mm of 'hybrid' under about the same of pure coticule. My beater, the first one I owned. A few specks on the coticule, dots of blue.

Then a 1.2x.5x7, and it looks glued, or at least so even it makes me wonder. It MIGHT be natural, it's that close.

Then an 8x2, thick coticule with the top 5-6 mm having a green tint seen from the side, and turquoise specks seen from the top. I assume its some mineral, it's about half the coticules depth and you can tell on the side where it stops. Another odd duck.

The big 'un is an 8x3 that's whiter than usual, a very light beige more than yellow, then 'milky' in the BBW with coticule showing in a streak end to end. Memorable stone. That's the one I'm hoping turns into my lifetime razor hone.

My fallback if it sucks is an unused Japanese rock with a lot of numbers and japanese writing, and that's always good, right? ;)

Damn! I only have 4 stones... and I am not sure 2 of them are Coticules... still looking for more though.

mitchshrader said:
My fallback if it sucks is an unused Japanese rock with a lot of numbers and japanese writing, and that's always good, right? ;)

Pics?

:D

Back