ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Interesting Review

Paul

I just saw this review of Mitchell's Wool Fat here. I know this is a pretty popular product, and Lee is giving away 2 pucks... Limiting it to 50 entrants to a 1/25 shot isn't too bad. I'm not entering the contest... But, I thought I'd pass it along in case someone else wanted to.

Cheers

I must admit to being a MWF fan, it does have a tendancy to dry out though.
I think you need to get the lather glossy wet, almost to wet.
I find it makes great uberlather when mixed with a little Ingrams cream and a few drops of glycerin.
Some guys may think making uberlather defeats the object of a soap, but this does solve the drying problem.
BTW I only make uberlather once a week, I highly recommend this stuff but needs a little practice in my experience.

Joe

I like it a lot - it's a great high-quality English product which I like to champion whenever possible. But I haven't used it much in the last 6 months or so since I discovered the Italian softer tallow-based soap, P.160, because it positively feeds my skin whereas I find that the MWF soap leaves my skin slightly dry (but not as dry as most other soaps!). I am slowly using up my 1kg brick of P.160 duro, brilliant stuff - but as it's been (criminally) discontinued, once that's all gone I'll be back to square one and I'll probably try and revive my old pucks of the wool fat.

But if there's a chance of getting a free puck in a competition I would definitely recommend having a go if you've never used it - I've never had an issue lathering it, it's a great product and it may just be the perfect companion for your skin!

I like MWF, it's pretty good for me, face lathering is no problem, and the scent is awesome. I agree that a slick, watery lather works best, but that's how I like to lather with anything really. That being said, I just received two Palmolive tallow shaving sticks in the mail last week, and for me it beats MWF by a land slide. Much better moisturising qualities and better glide. The first time ever I could afford skipping any aftershave.

And John, 1 kg of P.160 should last you quite a while, and it's not (yet) rare by any means, I see them still being sold left and right. Always wanted to try, but I must resist getting the 1 kg. It is next on my to-buy list though. But that list only comes into effect after rent and food.;)

Hi Pithor,

Where can you get it? I can't find it anywhere. I'm specifically after the Duro.

Anyway - you really should give it a go if you can get some. I've never been so happy with a product I've bought (and neither has my face!)

Cheers

Squeezy

I had checked shaving.ie and connaughtshaving.co.uk, but apparently they're out :(

HOWEVER

Yesterday I gave in to temptation, due to a minor financial windfall, and ordered myself a kilo of P.160 Tipo Duro from the only place I could find that carried it, not including North America. So there you go, it's in Dutch but if you need a hand, drop me a line. It shouldn't be too complicated though and I think Paypal is an option. Shipping is reasonable too, less than €10.

:w00t: TADAAA!!

Thanks!

I think you'll really enjoy it. I keep mine in an old snus can for travelling about with - it's really easy to push it in like a sort of wax.

Just shaved with it yesterday after it came in. This tallow heavy stuff just works for me, P.160 and Palmolive stick so far beat anything else I have tried, aftershave is hardly necessary. Too bad the smell doesn't last.

Back