ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

January 10th - January 16th

The V4 Rocca is not a big fan off Personna blades.....
Medium effective shave.
DC1D7BB8-CC97-4171-AB68-33163E0D6B56.jpeg

Now I'm going to ruin someone's day, I apologize in advance, he will say "he always has something" .

Los jabones de Joserra Rodrigo de Jerez
Paradigm Titanium II with Wizamet blade
Corate 26mm Manchurian high mountain white 2-band
Piver Heliotrope Blanc aftershave lotion

I had received samples of the Joserra soaps from an old friend in Utrecht, they smelled very good and produced good foam so I ordered some but unfortunately ..... What I first attributed to the use of the Blackland Blackbird Titanium razor now turns out that the soaps are the culprit.
I had a burning face and scalp after every shave, after shipping the razor this disappeared but I didn't switch that this also coincided with the fact that the samples had run out.

I did some searching but can't find messages from others who have reactions with these soaps. Such a pity because in itself I like them.

SOTD 20210112.
01XUIJb.jpg

3P "La Crema Prodigio" pre-shave cream (pre-).
J&T® bamboo / Tuxedo.
Ariana&Evans "Tertius" shaving soap.
RazoRock Game Changer GC-OC84 / Stork Ti "Paladin" handle.
Shapu Super Stainless (4).
3P "La Crema Prodigio" pre-shave cream (after-).
Loris "So Oud" EdP.

Omega 10019,
Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Beta 4.1,
Gillette New Made in England,
Punktal Meisterstuck (carbon 0.08mm) 1st x,
Rebul Lavanda,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
Loris E-108 Hugo.

SOTD_20210112.jpg

Brush and soap:
Omega 10019 and Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Beta 4.1:
What a lather you get with an Omega 10019 from the Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Beta 4.1. This soap with a rich fragrance palette has that classic appeal of a real old-fashioned good shaving soap. Nicely rounded scents of citrus, florality and some wood, but overall such a nice eau de cologne scent. Man, I can enjoy this. Is for me a real top soap. The whole shave and afterwards the scent lingers nicely.
Blade and razor:
Used the Punktal Meisterstuck (carbon 0.08mm) for the 1st time.
This morning I started with the 5x used Treet, but quickly replaced it with the Punktal Meisterstuck (carbon 0.08mm). I am not becoming friends with this Treet. 3 to 4 turns, which are then pretty good but that's it. So I quickly put in a really old blade, the Punktal. A carbon blade with an excellent cut. I am a fan of carbon blades. They force you to shave in a nicely thoughtful, but also comfortable way. This one does just that. The combination Gillette New Made in England with the Punktal Meisterstuck (carbon 0.08mm) is beautifully old fashioned. That is how it shaves. Quietly and comfortably the beard is removed and the head is bald again.
Result: BBS.
Finally: the citrus, floral and woody scents of the soap nicely prolonged with Rebul Lavanda, Weleda Aftershave Balsam and Loris E-108 Hugo rounded it all off nicely.
It can't get much better than this!

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Mokka express 26mm badger
Cella shaving soap
Houwink hzn
Proraso alum
Humphrey's cucumber mellon witch hazel
Pitralon pure as, de vergulde hand balsem

Edge was good after touch up.

Paladin Buck Rogers 26mm 2CSNL3 fan, Cobalt
CBL - Master Barber Bay Rum
KnockOut
Treet (3)
Tunney

Knockout wins from Pils.

Semogue SOC Bristle Cherrywood,
Razor Master Daichi (Ginger Bergamot),
Dscosmetic T7 316L SS titanium handle,
Punktal Meisterstuck (carbon 0.08mm) 2nd x,
Rebul Dark Spice,
Arko Nem Avokado ASB,
Myrsol "Don Miguel 1919" After Shave.

SOTD_20210113.jpg

Brush and soap:
Semogue SOC Bristle Cherrywood and Razor Master Daichi (Ginger Bergamot):
As I stood loading the Razor Master Daichi (Ginger Bergamot) from the box with the Semogue SOC Bristle Cherrywood, the scent hit me in flurries. A pleasant, somewhat earthy citrus scent, not fresh and fruity, but full and carried, with an undertone of the smell of vetiver, so to speak, which is not there. I like that. The soap produces a nice smooth lather. To get a nice dense lather, requires some work and the right proportion of soap and water. This is something I often experience with vegetable-based soaps. But the result is worth it.
Blade and razor:
The Punktal Meisterstuck (carbon 0.08mm) for the 2nd time used.
This Punktal Meisterstuck (carbon 0.08mm) is not going to last. After shaving it appeared to be torn on one side, so the question is how long it will last. This morning it went well again. A carbon blade in the Dscosmetic T7 316L SS titanium handle was new to me. Well this Punktal Meisterstuck (carbon 0.08mm) does a really nice job comfortably in the T7. Light combo, which shaves deeply smooth.
Result: BBS.
Finally: some spicy eau de cologne over the ginger bergamot, the Rebul Dark Spice, then some Arko Nem Avokado ASB and extra scent of the Myrsol "Don Miguel 1919" After Shave made things fresh and fruity again.

SOTD 20210113.
giMB9mK.jpg

PREP "Original Formula" pre-shave cream (pre-).
J&T® wengé / Maggard synth.
Jabonman "Lignum MMXIX" shaving soap.
DSCosmetic DS-X.2 razor.
Shapu Super Stainless (5).
PREP "Original Formula" pre-shave cream (after-).
Terre d'Hermes EdP.

Back