ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

June 28th to July 4th

SOTD 20200628.
CRiEvr9.jpg

Depot "No. 402" pre & post shave balm.
J&T® black walnut / APShaveCo STF.
TGS "Sea Citrus" shaving soap.
Rockwell 6S R5 only / Stork Ti "Taipan" handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (5).
Boğaziçi Lime EdC.

SOTD 28.06.2020
Pre shave : Cella Gel Pre Barba
Soap: Tobs Platinum shaving cream
Brush : Maseto silvertip HD 26mm
Razor: Gevoso 130 7/8
Shaving Bowl: the goodfellas' smile
AS: Morris

2020-06-28-11-06-33.jpg

Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed Badger and Boar Bristle,
Le Père Lucièn - Rose de Pushkar,
Gem G Bar,
Gem Personna Pfte 6e x,
Ilgaz Rose Isparta,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
Rose Fernelle Provence et Nature Edt.

SOTD_202000628.jpg

Brush and soap:
Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed Badger and Boar Bristle and Le Père Lucièn - Rose de Pushkar:
Never experienced before, but with the Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed Badger and Boar Bristle whipped foam from Le Père Lucièn - Rose de Pushkar was not consistent. While I'm brushing I see the quality of the foam gradually decrease and the brush feels different than normal. Whether it's the water here I don't have a clue, because the previous days with the other soaps didn't really stand out that much. Always get a creamy foam. Well, I could shave, but not such a rich layer of foam.
Blade and razor:
The Gem Personna Pfte used for the 6th x.
The Gem Personna Pfte doesn't care much about the foam. As long as it's soaked and wet this razor goes through until it's really dull and that's certainly not the case after 6 times. In the Gem G Bar the Gem Personna Pfte is supple and effective. So nice and smooth again.
Result: BBS.
Finally: the foam quality does not affect the finish, but it does affect the perception, so nice splashing with the Ilgaz Rose Isparta to nourish the mood. Weleda Aftershave Balsam to nourish the skin and Rose Fernelle Provence et Nature Edt to nourish the pleasure of my surroundings.
Gray weather here in Germany.

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Omega 98
Speick shaving stick
Le téléphone Auguste Bain
Vdh alum
Humphrey's cucumber mellon witch hazel
Pinauld lilac vegetal as, isana ultrasensitive balsem

I did a touch up of the straight razor. I had to do some work. It was a cold water shave. End result was not bad. About the smell of the clubman lilac vegetal a lot has been written and using it I can understand :)

PICT_20200628_191024~2.JPG

Merkur monday

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Altesse brush
The bodyshop macca root shaving cream
Merkur progress + Gillette Indian platinum black #3
Vdh alum
Humphrey's witch hazel cucumber mellon
Pitralon classic as, Wilkinson hydro balm

I'm begining to master the progress. Nice shave.

Back