ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

June 6th - June 12th

Maseto Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush - Memphis,
Arko,
Gillette Fat Boy adjustable,
Wizamet Super Iridium 2nd x,
Ilgaz Çesme Limon (Lemon),
Cien Men Hydro Age Q10,
Loris E-048 Cool Water.

Brush and soap:
Maseto Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush - Memphis and Arko:
Used the Maseto Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush - Memphis to lather up the Arko nicely in the pot and then lather it up a bit further on wet skin. Arko lends itself well to this method, no bowl needed and nice lush lather on the face.
Blade and razor:
Used the Wizamet Super Iridium for the 2nd time.
The Wizamet Super Iridium has been run in, now let's shave with it lustily again. The Gillette Fat Boy adjustable at 5 for the skull and 7 for the rest is fine with a Wizamet Super Iridium. Smooth!
Result: BBS.
Finally: fresh citrus Ilgaz Çesme Limon (Lemon) then a new and nice lubricant from Lidl, Cien Men Hydro Age Q10, which gives a fine cared facade and a nice smell of Loris E-048 Cool Water.
Another day enjoying in the Brabant Land under a sunny sky.

SOTD_20210609.jpg

Prep
M-Keramiek scuttle
Yaqi mysterious handle badger
TFS Corte Sabauda
Feather artist club ss + schick p-30
Proraso alum
Humphrey's witch hazel
Rooibos as lotion, Wilkinson senso hydro

No shave yesterday. I fell from my road racing bike. Plenty of road rash on my arm and legs. Lucky enough no broken bones or road rash on my face.

I was really stupid. I wanted to become KOM on a strava segment. I crashed just before the end of the segment. After I was able to get up and just walk a few meters. There was the end of the segment, In the end I missed the KOM by two seconds. If I would have braked and let my bike role I would have easily got the KOM. So I guess wisdom doesn't come with the age in my case. Another lesson learned.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ The Trail
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Noxzema Protective Shave,
J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm,
Arko,
Gem G Bar,
Gem Personna Pfte 7th x,
Ilgaz Çesme Limon (Lemon),
Cien Men Hydro Age Q10,
Loris E-048 Cool Water.

SOTD_20210611.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm and Arko:
Into the washroom on time this morning, because we're going to France! Looking up some old places. The French have opened the borders and we are 2x pricked, so go with that banana, but first a proper shave:
Noxzema Protective Shave on the head and then with the J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm firmly Arko sopping. Nice and fresh.
Blade and razor:
Used the Gem Personna Pfte for the 7th time. The Gem Personna Pfte shaves smooth and beautiful, so really something for today, easily smooth. The combo Gem G Bar with the Gem Personna Pfte is almost impossible to beat. Slick! Result BBS.
Finally: some Ilgaz Çesme Limon (Lemon), Cien Men Hydro Age Q10 and Loris E-048 Cool Water and after a light breakfast I freshly got behind the wheel. 485km and 5.5 hours later, we were in Vittel for a nice afternoon, what a beast my new buffalo (SsanngYong Rexton). Tomorrow we will do a little sightseeing and head on to Burgundy.

Back