ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

just to say hello

lurcher

have been following things here for a while now and feel i am finally getting good results with my new la veinette i also own a 20/6 cm bbw which i have had for a while now. i have learned a lot about these stones from my visits here. thanks to you all.. happy shaving..

Welcome. Great to hear that you get good results. Do you use the stones just to maintain your razors or .....? Greets Ron

Thank you for fhe kind words.
Happy shaving to you too, sir. :sleep:

Kind regards,
Bart

upto now i have used these stones for razors i have sent away for honing. but since last week when i received a razor back from ralfy and can now appreciate how good a coti edge can be and how gentle they can be to a razors spine i shall carry on learning all about these stones. by the way i also have a rather nice tiger striped coti 17/5 cm which i plan to use for bevel correction. thanx.

lurcher said:
upto now i have used these stones for razors i have sent away for honing. but since last week when i received a razor back from ralfy and can now appreciate how good a coti edge can be and how gentle they can be to a razors spine i shall carry on learning all about these stones. by the way i also have a rather nice tiger striped coti 17/5 cm which i plan to use for bevel correction. thanx.
pictures or it didn't happen

kind regards
Stijn

Thank you for the kind words John.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the edge I was able to put on the Taylors, how are you getting on with the 6/8?

Best wishes
Ralfson (Dr)

the 6/8 is now honed again used the blue side of my la veinette and finished on the yellow side. i think i am starting to get the knack of this now. thanks john..

Bravo John. I am glad to hear the new member become masters.Nothing is magic,all acquired with the persistence and recurrence.
Best regards
Emmanuel

Back