ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

La Veinette

jimmyman

hello everyone ive just purchased a La Veinette off maurice and notice this crack on the surface an running down the side i can feel it with my nail and it makes a noise when u run a razor over it what you reckon ?

ive sent a mail to maurice but i am devastated :(

From the top down picture ot is hard to tell, but from the side it seems the crack extends right through the coti and even into the bbw. If you camn feel it when honing than I would say it is a problem, but what do I know.
I have never had any problems with Ardennes Coticule, but the learned folks of this very forum reckon Maurice is quick to replace any item you are not happy with whether it is actually a problem or not.
P.S. I did actually have a crack in a large coti I bought for knives, but as it was only affecting the very corner of the hone and the hone he sent me had about a 20mm thick coticule layer I thought I done pretty damn good, and left well enough alone.

I would send it back and ask for a replacement, Ardeness take pride in their customer service so it should be cool.

Failing that I would rub superglue into it, and then lap it smooth, thats what I did with a similar crack mine has in one corner

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Don't be devastated. Send Ardennes those pictures. They'll take care of you.

The crack could indeed be reinforced with CA-glue, but that is not really your concern.

Kind regards,
Bart.

spoke to maurice he said no problem
ive sent it back

but he has no other La Veinette and it was a very nice stone too

i am going to get another but which one can anyone help?

What is the size of the hone and where is the crack? He could still make a shorter hone plus slurry stone for you.

Regards,
Tok

it was 3/4 down i may be fussy someone maybe happy with it but i wasnt so.................

but was looking at anther layer now bu i dont know which one

Look at the coticule vault and compare how they perform. Or ask Maurice. I think, he is able to tell you which to choose. From reading through this forum, I think Le Petite Blanche should act similar.

So, what size is/was the hone anyway?

Regards,
Tok

Back