ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

local find

The*Cincinnati*Kid

I went out to buy some 220,400,600,800 wet/dry sandpaper for an old wedge blade (that has some pitting) that I'm going to try and clean up. While I was out and about I decided I would stop at TJ Max. They had moved across the street and there is now a Woodcraft store where they used to be located. Since the scales on the blade I'm working on are shot I decided I would stop in and see if they had any scrap wood I could buy to use for some new scales. JACKPOT!!!! They just happen to sell 6" X 1" X 1" peices of all kinds of exotic woods for $2 to $3 dollars a peice so I bought a handfull, have to say the olive wood is my favorite. On top of that the gentleman that helped me out with what I was looking for was even kind enough to cut them into 1/2" strips for me.

Loving life
Louis.

The Woodcraft that is closest to me also has Arkansas stones, DMTs, Nortons, and Chinese Naturals. It's a nice little store, and you can likely find many useful things there. I'm particularly interested in a little credit card sized DMT that they carry for raising slurry on my Japanese Natural stone.

I saw a box of those on my way out but didn't stop to see how much they were, I'll probably end up getting one next time I stop in there for when I need to lap my coticule.

Regards
Louis.

Back