ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Lutz

efsk

Absurd hero
SU-Patron Gold
A brand/producer still in existence is Lutz. These days, they make blades of all types, but they used to produce razors as well. The funny thing is, they are best known for a razor of which it is not known who actually produced it. I'll start this thread of with that one, and we can go to their more innovative razors from there.
The Lutz slant became known thus because someone in the States found boxes full of NOS specimens packaged in Lutz shippers, with a Lutz bladepack. The razor itself is unmarked however, and has been sold by many Solingen producers. The head, with some minor variations in thickness or branding, was used by a few other producers.
This slant has differential aggression: the finely ribbed side is less agressive than the other side. A very nice, very well shaving razor.
DSC01695.JPG
DSC01696.JPG
DSC01700.JPG
DSC01701.JPG
DSC01702.JPG
DSC01704.JPG
DSC01705.JPG
DSC01706.JPG
DSC01707.JPG
DSC01709.JPG

This seems very interesting. Maybe a good first slant razor to try. Currently I have a purchase stop, but if I would like to buy a (seccond-hand) Lutz, what can be a good place to search? And what prices are approximately charged for this razor? (I do not have any experience in looking for seccond-hand/vintage razors).

Lutz also built the Cavalier, a razor I've never understood. Basically, it is a head on a spring. The idea is that when shaving, the head will follow the contours of the face more easily, and possibly prevent you from applying too much pressure. However, I've just noticed the blade getting stuck behind the hair and not cutting right. Still, an interesting example of innovative developments, even when it didn't, in my opinion at least, didn't quite work out.
Plastic razor, some metal parts, where the head screws on the spring and where the spring fits in the handle. The flexibility of the head can be adjusted by making the spring longer or shorter.
DSC03212.JPG
DSC03213.JPG
DSC03214.JPG
DSC03215.JPG
DSC03216.JPG
DSC03217.JPG
DSC03218.JPG
DSC03219.JPG
DSC03220.JPG
DSC03222.JPG

In the USA these are called bobble-heads and many baseball teams have them of their popular players and give them out to the first 500 people showing up to a game to encourage attendance. Of course a winning season would encourage attendance more. :kaputtlachen1

Back