ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

March 21th - March 27th

old soap. unknown brand but still does its job well .. (what do you mean best-before date :).)

Ern razor.
F. Sheng silvertip bun in custom handle.
Mont Blanc legend.
Result very nice, a one pass shave.

20210320_124107.jpg

Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush,
Mitchells Woolfat,
Gillette New Made in England,
PolSilver Super Iridium 5th x,
4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser,
Braukmann Sport Cream,
Loris E-048 Cool Water.

SOTD_20210321.jpg

Brush and soap:
Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush and Mitchells Woolfat:
Just loading with the Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush from the Mitchells Woolfat box and whisking in the bowl, produces a fabulously beautiful lather with a nice neutral scent. Shaving foam, nicely oily and soft on the skin, that makes the blade run properly.
Blade and razor:
Used the PolSilver Super Iridium for the 5th time.
The PolSilver Super Iridium effortlessly passed my 5 standard and will do so for some time to come. In the Gillette New Made in England effective shaving with the PolSilver Super Iridium, but not overly so. That razor is basic, shaves nicely, but I don't find it really comfortable.
Result: BBS.
Finally: on MWF you can apply anything, so 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser for the freshness, Braukmann Sport Cream good nourishing men's cream and Loris E-048 Cool Water for the nice smell.

Yaqi Timber Wolf,
Wholly Kaw King of Oud,
RazoRock SS Lupo 95 on Stork Consul handle,
Willy's Premium (2),
Wholly Kaw King of Oud aftershave balm.

IMG_20210321_100242.jpg

Woh... not the best headshaving combi...
Not a very deep cut, but it took awhile for the bleeding to stop.
Ditched the blade, try a more known one .

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Omega boar brush
Cella shaving soap
Lupo + voskhod #3
Proraso alum
Humphrey's witch hazel
Epsilon amber as, mwf lotion

After the shave I went for a bike ride. There was a chilly north western wind. I can't wait for spring to start.

J&T® Bamboo Tuxedo Syntheet 24mm,
Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood,
Gillette Tech,
PolSilver Super Iridium 6th x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün,
Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü,
Provence et Nature Santal Absolu.

SOTD_20210322.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Bamboo Tuxedo Syntheet 24mm and Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood:
My tin of Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood is almost empty. When it does, a new one will have to come immediately, because man what a nice sandalwood that is. The J&T® Bamboo Tuxedo Syntheet 24mm is a nice supple brush to whip up the firm cream into a nice fat and full eal slippery lather. So good start again this morning.
Blade and razor:
Used the PolSilver Super Iridium for the 6th time.
The PolSilver Super Iridium razor continues to work well. The Gillette Tech with the PolSilver Super Iridium is comfortable and very sparing. It runs nicely on the firm lather and leaves no trace of my beard. Given the less effective razor, it did require shaving 3x (wtg, xtg and atg), but with this lather, that's no punishment.
Result: BBS.
Finally: Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün, Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü and Provence et Nature Santal Absolu as a closing ritual.
This day, the sun is shining outside, cannot be spoiled.

Yet antother lovely shave with the wantonly destructed Tech. I find that this razor combined with a sharp blade like a Kai really delivers. Great stuff, really great.

SOTD 20210323.
PLxlHFT.jpg

PREP "Original Formula" pre-shave cream (pre-).
OUMO Brush / OUMO Brush imitation finest 2-band synth.
Jabonman "Lignum MMXIX" shaving soap.
iKon "El Jefe" / Cadman handle.
Shick Proline P (2).
PREP "Original Formula" pre-shave cream (after-).
Loris "So Oud" EdP.

Back