ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

May 2th - May 8th

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Yaqi mokka express 26 mm badger
Dusy rasierseife
Rugra
Le talisman frameback
Leresche frameback
Proraso alum
Humphrey's witch hazel
Myrsol plastic as, abzehk rose cream

I did a touchup of the talisman frameback. I compared it to a nos rugra, and a leresche frameback. It was better ten the rugra and worse then the leresche so back to the hones.

@Tjebbe sorry to hear that you couldn't visit your mother on her birthday. It happened to me last year and it's tough even more it was her first birthday since my father died. So keep up better days will come!

SOTD 20210505.
iWt5kLJ.jpg

Noxzema "Classic" pre-shave cream.
J&T® purpleheart / Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle knot.
Mevrouw SoapZ "Scheerzeep Citrus en Gember" shaving soap.
iKon B1 DeLuxe / OSS handle.
Lord "Classic" (6).
Clubman Pinaud "Citrus Musk" ASL.

Thanks, guys!
It's hard on me, cause I realize this might be one of the last birthdays she might have a slight remembrance from, she is diagnosed with Alzheimer and it's progressing quickly.
But nice photos of two of my sisters are coming through and she is having a good time! Celebrate your life! Seize the day!

J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm,
Haslinger Sandelholz,
Gillette New,
Super-Max Super stainless 4th x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün,
Braukmann Sport Cream,
Loris So Oud.

SOTD_20210506.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm and Haslinger Sandelholz:
Again, a nice lather made with the J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm from a really hard soap, the Haslinger Sandelholz. The brush is a firm soap eater, but not overly so. Do notice that it loads a lot very easily, but then makes really nice firm lather.
Blade and razor:
Used the Super-Max Super stainless for the 4th time.
Also this time, the Super-Max Super stainless shaves without any problems. Nice smooth shave. The Gillette New Super-Max Super stainless on a Dscosmetic titanium KTV handle screwed. This is a nice tool. Good balance and the shaft is slightly thicker, 13.6 mm so it lies comfortably in the hand and turns between the fingers, without the fingers slipping of greasiness. Fine grip thus. Shaved nice and smooth without damage.
Result: BBS.
Finally: after the Sandelholz nice fragrant care with Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün, Braukmann Sport Cream and Loris So Oud. Will get me through the day.

Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush,
Storybook Soapworks Hook,
Rockwell Razors 6s,
Super-Max Super stainless 5th x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün,
Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü,
Storybook Soapworks Hook Splash.

SOTD_20210507.jpg

Brush and soap:
Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush and Storybook Soapworks Hook:
The Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush was up against the J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm. For this, the Storybook Soapworks Hook was ready, which foamed up delivered a mix of cedar, French oak, gunpowder, leather and sandalwood. Traces of ocean spray, crocodile tears, rum, and a tiny hint of madness, but lots of leather. I like this. Well both brushes made an excellent lather, but when brushing up the syntheet was again at an advantage due to its backbone and softness. The pig is smooth and soft due to a somewhat thin pig bristle knot. The bristles feel fine soft when damp, but the syntheet again feels technically better. In this, it was a matter of good and better!
Blade and razor:
Used the Super-Max Super stainless for the 5th time.
The Super-Max Super stainless may last one more round, but then it's done. In the Rockwell Razors 6s with plate 5 there are many blades that shave more comfortably than the Super-Max Super stainless, but it still has enough sharpness for another turn. Well and us Dutch are thrifty!
Result: BBS.
Finally: nice splash with Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün, then some lubrication with Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü, to finish with a nice dash of madness Storybook Soapworks Hook Splash.

Prep
M-Keramiek scuttle
Omega 102 boar brush
Vitos extra super cocos
Feather artist club dx scotch wood + Schick p-50
Proraso alum
Humphrey's witch hazel
Pinaul lilac vegetal as lotion, wilkinson hydro balm

First shave with a feather shavette. It feels better then the de blade shavettes. Now going to finish my tea and go for a bike ride.

Have a nice day!

Proraso Crema Pre Barba,
Stirling Wintergreen,
Above The Tie S1,
Super-Max Super stainless 6th x,
Stirling Wintergreen AS,
Braukmann Sport Cream .

SOTD_20210508.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm and Stirling Wintergreen:
Just another fresh preshave on the skin this morning, Proraso Crema Pre Barba. Then whipped nice fresh lather with the J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm from the Stirling Wintergreen. This is nice refreshing soap, which gives a wonderful lather and is very smooth to lather up with the Jiamei.
Blade and razor:
Used the Super-Max Super stainless for the 6th time. The Super-Max Super stainless remains fairly constant and shaves quite smooth, but tomorrow I'll use a new blade. This one is becoming noticeably less. In the Above The Tie S1 the Super-Max Super stainless is doable, but could be better. Result BBS.
Finally: further cooling with Stirling Wintergreen AS and then conditioning the skin with Braukmann Sport Cream.
Ready for this grey day!

Good morning gentlemen. Today’s morning shave was
  • Czech & Speake 88
  • Plisson Haute Montagne 12
  • SWK Basic Scuttle
  • Σπύρος Πορίχης 6/8 «Ελληνικός Στρατός», stropped on
  • Kangaroo + Nubuk-strop
  • Czech & Speake 88
C095B5C6-D809-42BD-9153-710C9A8546CF.jpeg

Back