ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

May 9th - May 15th

Hellas

Blade Whisperer
Have a nice Sunday gentlemen. Today’s morning shave was
  • I Coloniali Mango
  • Thäter 4125-1 2-Band
  • SWK Basic Scuttle
  • Farida 100, 6/8, stropped on
  • Scrupleworks oil tanned Horshide
  • Mennen Skin Bracer
3792A5AF-4FF5-4A92-8333-A011C5EB0C05.jpeg

Omega 10019,
J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm
TDS Cosmetics Rose,
Mühle R94 Rocca,
Lord Super Chrome 1st x,
PeReJa Rose edc,
Kashmir Rose Lanna Oriental Spa Lotion,
TDS Cosmetics Rose ASL.

SOTD_20210509.jpg

Brush and soap:
Omega 10019 and TDS Cosmetics Rose:
The final comparison of a pig to a synthete this morning with the Omega 10019 and TDS Cosmetics Roos. A bit of David against Goliath considering the dimensions of the J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm vs. the Omega 10019. The 10019 is a cheap and small piggy, but it does perform well for such a brush. Making foam and applying it is therefore excellent. Feels like a pig and works like a pig. The syntheet is however what use and comfort slightly better. Clear difference in feeling of softness, where the backbone of both brushes do not really make the difference. Well, considering the difference in size, actually the performance of the Omega is comparably good in the end. For me the conclusion is clear, a syntheet will never be a real bristle brush, but Jiamei has managed to make a very nice imitation. Nice and sturdy syntheet, which is certainly an asset for hard soaps. I prefer to use this one, than e.g. the Plisson syntheet, which is much softer and weaker and therefore more suitable for creams. Do you know the 4g Mühle 's, then you come pretty close, but the Jiamei has just a little more that smooth and yet sturdy of pig hair.
Blade and razor:
Used the Lord Super Chrome for the 1st x.
A fresh Lord Super Chrome is a joy to shave with. Flashes through the beard! In the Mühle R94 Rocca is a bit of a search with this Lord Super Chrome to find the right angle for optimal smooth shaving, but then something happens. Eel slick!
Result: BBS.
Finally: a little extra rose scent of PeReJa Rose edc, Kashmir Rose Lanna Oriental Spa Lotion and TDS Cosmetics Rose ASL. Nice rose yet somewhat masculine resinous finish.

Stirling 26/54,
RazoRock Blue Barbershop,
Mulcuto Schrägschnitt on titanium Timeless handle,
PolSilver Super Iridium (2),
Stirling Sandalwood aftershave splash.

1620561011059.jpg

Nice and fresh shaven! Bald headed again, time to enjoy the sunny Sunday.
Too bad I have to enjoy it inside, but then again.. my son is free of covid complaints so that's great!
I have to be in quarantine till Tuesday, I'm getting impatient, but very glad I'm not hit by the covid train.

Stirling 26/54,
RazoRock Blue Barbershop,
Mulcuto Schrägschnitt on titanium Timeless handle,
PolSilver Super Iridium (3),
Stirling Sandalwood aftershave splash.

1620627813298.jpg

This morning Ahmad Jamal and thereafter Mendelssohn's string quartets accompanied my shave... I love the shuffle play on my Raspberry Pi media centre.

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Zenith boar brush
TGS nr1 tallow
Le talisman frameback
Feather shavette + schick p-50 #3
Sonnal + Gillette platinum #1
Proraso alum
Humphrey's witch hazel
Clubman lilac vegetal, mwf body lotion

Because I have limited amounts of facial hair I had to combine. I wanted to compare the edge of the talisman after the touchup with schick. It was certainly good enough. I did the touch up with the sonnal wich felt as aggressive as the feather shavette. Result DFS.

IMG_20210510_093028039~2.jpg

SOTD 20210510.
p7Htvey.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (white: pre-).
J&T® purpleheart / Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle knot.
Luna Cosmetics "Tabaco" shaving soap.
Vintage Gillette Slim Twist (S3 == Q3 1972).
Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus (3).
Proraso pre-shave cream (white: after-).
Loris "E-202" EdP (== Paco Rabane Invictus).

Oumo Brush LE 095/102 / silk HMW gel tip 26 mm,
Scheermonnik Delfts Wit,
Dscosmetic T7 316L SS titanium handle,
Lord Super Chrome 3e x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün,
Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü,
Loris E-197 Zarkoperfume Oud'Ish Edp.

SOTD_20210511.jpg

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Yaqi sagrada familia pure badger 22mm
Vitos extra super coco shaving soap
Rugra 4/8
Feather club ss scotch packwood + schick p-50 #4
Proraso alum
Biocura classic as, Wilkinson hydro balm

I wanted to test the edge of the rugra. It didn't convince me. Maybe I blunted it with stropping. I'm getting the hang of the feather.

I added Humphrey's witch hazel to the classic silver as. I think it is a copy of aramis. But aramis is an aquired taste so I toned it down a bit. I like and dislike the smell at the same time. I like that it isn't sweet smelling.

Back