ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Announcement Message from Dovo-Merkur to our SU-members

dirk

SU-Founder
Admin
Dear members,

as you know we try to work closely together with producers and do also many cooperations with producers to give you more added value. In line with this we also try to support the communication between customers, dealers and producers.

There have been rumors about the insolvency of Dovo-Merkur. I have contacted the management of Dovo-Merkur and Mr. Wiethoff sent immediately an email to me which I'm allowed to publish, which I did in the German sister forum already, since it is written in German.

But I want to give you also the possibility to understand the meaning of that letter. Times have been hard for the straight razor business of Dovo-Merkur and so they decided to split Dovo from Merkur and to sell the Dovo part. But they did not find a buyer for Dovo in the past. The next step is now a legal process which is called "insolvency" of the Dovo part. Basically they still are looking for a buyer of their straight razor business.

The part of Merkur is not at all affected by this. These 2 entities act independantly from each other.
This is important to know.

What Dovo and Merkur need the most at the moment in these difficult Corona times is "sales". Please support them by buying in their new Onlineshop, so that the profit really goes really to the producer and not to Amazon. ;)

---------------------------

Quote of the German email:

ja, die Transformation der Märkte aus den letzten Jahren hat uns hart getroffen. Sinkende Umsätze und geringe Aufträge für dieses Jahr haben die Gesellschafter der Fa. DOVO Stahlwaren GmbH & Co. KG dazu bewogen, die Insolvenz zu beantragen. Das ist mit einer 114 jährigen Tradition bedauerlich entspricht irgendwie aber dem Wandel den wir gerade alle in vielen Bereichen des Lebens erfahren.

Ich möchte hier deutlich hervorheben, dass die eigenständige Firma MERKUR Stahlwaren GmbH & Co. KG davon ausgenommen ist. Der Betrieb ist unabhängig von DOVO.

Aktuell läuft die Produktion nach einer 'Coronapause' wieder zu 100%, damit ist die Versorgung der Märkte für die nächsten Monate gesichert.

In den letzten Jahren wurden im Zuge der Nachfolge neue Eigentümer für DOVO gesucht, leider ohne Erfolg. Ich habe persönlich die Hoffnung, dass mit der aktuellen Situation neue Interessenten angesprochen werden und doch noch jemand Spaß daran hat die Marke und viele einmalige Produkte weiter zu führen.

Wie wir schon mal besprochen haben, ist das einzige was wir benötigen 'Verkauf' davon leben wir mit allen Mitarbeitern und Lieferanten.

Sie dürfen diesen Text auch gerne veröffentlichen. In den gerade sehr ereignisreichen Tagen ist dies eine erste Ansprache an Sie als Verbraucher.

End of Quote

Back