ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

My sweet N° 57

BlueDun

Hi everybody,

during the coticule weekend I fell in love with her and today she finally arrived. Neither she or I want to rush anything so we will live in sin for while to get used to each other before we make the big step :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Here she is:

There seems to be an issue with those newly mined coticules as she also is a little :love: shy:love: one. Dr. Ralfson knows what I'm talking about. So, please gentlemen, do not rush!

Cheers
BlueDun

Ah, the fast one on water.

I like that one. (but of course, I like them all.:) )

:thumbup:
Bart.

Interesting veins cross-cutting other veins. I haven't seen this in that many coticules. I wonder if this typical for La Dressantes or the Quarry at Ol Preu in general...

So I could not resist and tried her out immediately. I did a dilucot on a virgin Solinger NOS I stowed away for that special occasion. What shall I say .. probably one of my best dilucot results! HHT 2 off the hone and the hairs are flying after stroping. I am really looking forward to that shave tomorrow.

BUT the tactile feedback was really strange! My other La Dressante is very smooth. A clear sensation of metal abrasion just like on very fine sand. This one is different. The sandy feeling is still there, albeit quite less. It seems much harder and the predominat feeling is a really bumpy one. It feels as if there were grainy inclusions. It is also clearly audible. It's not a smooth hiss but much more a rough scratching sound. Resembles a little bit my La Verte which also has that bumpy feeling. But the La Verte gives me that feeling all over its surface. This one gives it along the long side of my working hand which means it does not change if turn the hone upside down. Even more strange its stronger on the pull stroke than on the push stroke. I tried to alter the pression from toe to heel and back because I suspected that there might be something wrong with my stroke and the way I guide the razor on the hone. It did not change much.
Actually, while honing I was fearing that the edge would look like a bread knife. But this was not the case. It was an absolutely clean, straight, and polished edge under the microscope. Maybe it's the razor. The bumpyness seemed actually to come from the blade's back and not so much from the edge.

So here I am. I produced an apparently wonderfully keen razor but I'm quite confused. The feedback is different than any coti I tried before, it is definitely not what I expected from a La Dressante, and it alienates me big time.
I guess I need a Malt now and reflect a bit ...

Cheers
BlueDun

BlueDun said:
Hi everybody,

during the coticule weekend I fell in love with her and today she finally arrived. Neither she or I want to rush anything so we will live in sin for while to get used to each other before we make the big step :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There seems to be an issue with those newly mined coticules as she also is a little :love: shy:love: one. Dr. Ralfson knows what I'm talking about. So, please gentlemen, do not rush!

C'mon dude, it's a piece of rock, not a girl. I also like coticules but I don't go drooling all over them like I'm about to come.

kinematic said:
C'mon dude, it's a piece of rock, not a girl. I also like coticules but I don't go drooling all over them like I'm about to come.

Not yet buddy, not yet .... ;)

BlueDun said:
kinematic said:

Not yet buddy, not yet .... ;)
Hm, things always turn a bit awkward when someones responds to a joke with seriousness.

morsel.jpg

I would always get good results from hones with sandy feedback.
Give her a good slapping...:blush: err, that should be, a light lapping and she may smooth out bit.

This is the next thing I will do before I'll put any razor on it.
However, I'm way to busy right know to devote the time it deserves. I'll keep you posted once I've come back to that little bauty.

Cheers
BlueDun

Back