ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Naniwa 1K question

Deckard

Hi all,
I'm thinking of changing my DMT 1K for a Naniwa 1K.
I've been told that the Chosera leaves a nice scratch pattern, which sets the edge up nicely for a coti hone job.
My question is does anyone know if the super stone S1000 will do as nice a job as the Chosera?
Should I just err on the side of caution and get the Chosera?

Thanks
Joe

Joe i can answr that for you. i have both . Trust me get the 1k chorsa Its outstanding and prefer it way more than the 1k naniwa.
It cuts more like a 600 with slurry it very smooth in use and feels nice. it does'nt glaze up like naniwa 1k. It stays flat and does'nt need lapping that often.

i set martin wedge on my 1k c. he may chime in. he seen me work on the 1k c and was amazed how smooth it felt , yet how well it cut.

I can pp arm hair of 1k c above skin level. the edge coming of 1k c is realy nice . i paid £42 deliverd its a good price. i did martys wegde on 1k c then light slurry on vintage coticule using dilucot. marty says the wedge shaved beatiful, so yes it gels nicely with coticule. i'd recomened it.

gary

Thanks Gary,thats answered my question.:)
Perhaps you can let me know where you got yours, seems a good price.
Know anyone who wants a DMT:-/

I got my chosera 1k about 2 weeks ago, and it is absolutely fantastic. I would buy the 5k and 10k too if the price wouldn't be that ridiculous.

Deckard said:
Thanks Gary,thats answered my question.:)
Perhaps you can let me know where you got yours, seems a good price.
Know anyone who wants a DMT:-/

www.katogroup.eu
email is info@katogroup.eu the price included delivery.

Gary
ps brush is being deliverd this morning:thumbup:

Recieved CK1 today in post.
Might give it a whirl later if I get chance.
Didn't realise it came with a slurry stone.
Can anyone enlighten me for what purpose I might use this with slurry:-/ .

Thanks
Joe

The rubbing stone that comes with a Chosera is more meant for de-glazing the surface than for the creation of slurry. But you can use it for that purpose, though. In my experience with the 5K and the 10K slurry doesn't nearly speed up these kind of synthetic hones like it generally does with most natural hones. I suspect the binder material in synthetic hones is chosen such that it exposes fresh particles at optimum rate. Hence there is less to gain from slurry.

Kind regards,
Bart.

I tryed mine with a slurry, it fels real nice and wheather or not it speeds up cutting i could'nt say. Like bart says its great for cleaning surface . You will see they don't glaze up unlike the naniwa 1k etc. It will in time but for some reason they don't glaze rapidly.

gary

Back