ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

new coticule LGB!

stalker

hello friends this is my new hone! a beautiful la grosse blanche!

Hello,

Please hit edit, to see how to make your images appear in your post. It's really easy. :thumbup:

Enjoy your LGB. I have got one myself, and although it's not the easiest coticule to work with (significant slurry dulling, requires precise dilutions when doing DiluCot), you'll be rewarded with perfectly mellow, smooth edges. I do love mine. :love:

regards,
Matt

How did you determine that it's La Grosse Blanche?

I don't want to be the nay-sayer, but based on the pictures, it looks like La Dressante to me.

I'll add that I don't really know what it is and could believe that it's LGB (like no. 46 in the Vault, possibly). I'm just curious how the layer was determined since my first guess would be different.

i have ordered here : http://www.belgischer-brocken.com/

and i have tell us that i want absolutely LA GROSSE BLANCHE layer....

If it happens to be a LaDrassante au Blue, it may be a blessing in disguise. Mine gives wonderful smooth and mellow edges.

I don't know.

In the quarry they know from,which layer they mined it. They've just started on top of a new quarrying location.
It looks streaked like often seen at La Dressante. It has the tell-tale white lines of La Veinette.
But I've seen both properties on La Grosse blanche as well. If after a while, the narrow sides that never see use start to turn to a significant darker color (chocolate brown eventually) you can be sure it's a La Grosse Blanche.
Or if it came with a certificate from Ardennes, you know for sure too.
It's a lovely stone.
Enjoy using it, that's the important thing!

Bart.

For whatever it's worth, my La Grosse Blanche took months to darken after exposure to intense sunlight. I don't know if this is normal for the layer, or perhaps my example is just a slow learner..

With narrow side, I mean the unused sides of the hone, hence not the surface you hone one.

The darkening of La Grosse Blanche is not fully understood. Light and perhaps humidity are of influence. If you mask part of the side with a piece of non-translucent tape, you should be able to notice a difference in color after a couple weeks.

Kind regards,
Bart.

i have tried it with a milky/paste slurry....it is very fast!!! the slurry darkening after 4 strokes!

on water seems to be slow, require about 70 stroke to finish well

Couldn't elp it and i had to order a LGB.

It's been the one layer i have wanted for a while and Maurice said they had one stone left so i had to jump on it.

Now what can i expect performance wise compared to a LPB?

Back