ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

new coticule video...

Where was this on B&B? I am shocked I didn't find it yet since I sit at work and look for honing videos all day LOL.
Thanks for the link! :thumbup:

Fail. Apart from seeing how nifty his coticule is I cannot see how anyone looking for technique hints could benefit from watching it. Especially that there's hardly any grip shown, and his hand is repeatedly obstructing everything else...

regards,
Matt

Disburden said:
Where was this on B&B? I am shocked I didn't find it yet since I sit at work and look for honing videos all day LOL.
Thanks for the link! :thumbup:

It was posted by Ian(SliceOfLife)in the last couple of pages of this thread: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=183053

There is some discussion of the video and what he was trying to show that adds a little more to the video than just, "Oh hai, luk at mai dilucoti hone!!1!1!!1"

I bought my last coticule from Sliceoflife, it is a very nice old coticule and very fast. Leaves a killer edge, almost Escher like.

Matt said:
Fail. Apart from seeing how nifty his coticule is I cannot see how anyone looking for technique hints could benefit from watching it. Especially that there's hardly any grip shown, and his hand is repeatedly obstructing everything else...

regards,
Matt

This thread was the actual context. People were whining about coticules being "hard" to use compared to synthetics, and Ian (SliceOfLife) took an eBay special without any prior treatment and made the video to show that you could do a bevel reset (including taking out a small chip) and dilucot without any special tricks and keep it under 15 minutes.

It's not the greatest video, but I thought I could help some people. I find that watching as many videos as possible is always helpful. You usually notice things people do that you don't etc..

Back