ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

New La Petite Blanche

kg4ghn

I received my LPB that I got in a trade from Pinklather today. He posted a picture when he had it, but it's new to me and I want to show it off. I love the color of this rock.

DSC00805.jpg

DSC00801.jpg

DSC00802.jpg

DSC00803.jpg

It is a beautifull hone Mike.This hone looks like birdeye flamed maple.I am sure that gives a perfect edge. Enjoy it.
Emmanuel

That's a La Petite Blanche? I would swear that it looks more like a Les Latneuses to me (even without those bands of hybrid or whatever they are).

danjared said:
That's a La Petite Blanche? I would swear that it looks more like a Les Latneuses to me (even without those bands of hybrid or whatever they are).

When pinklather posted a picture when he got it Bart said it was LPB. :confused:

He may be entirely right. It's just that the surface makes me think Les Latneuses. On the other hand, weird things are going on down there, and I'll note that these two layers are right next to each other.

Oh I have no idea.

I haven't tried a dilucot with it yet but I did do a touchup on water. It felt a little more abrasive on just water than my la dressante did.

I'm sure it was just me, a newb with a new stone, but after doing about 40 laps on water I was only getting a violin on HHT(This razor was already shaving well I was just playing with the new stone). After stropping however, it went up to a solid HHT4 all the way across the edge. :confused:

I don't know if any of that information helps any or not. For what it's worth I really like the feedback of this stone. I'm sure I'll have to be careful about not pushing slurry of the ends because of the shape but just with playing around with water I don't think it will be a problem I'll just use it like it was shorter.

:sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

Note to self: Do not try to hone while tired...

Went through a quick dilucot, didn't get the results I wanted. I was pretty much expecting this, first time on a new rock, and my general noobness. No biggie. So I tape the spine, make a very light slurry, do 30 x-strokes, wash coticule, and got to the 48th x-stroke on water when the blade tilted and the edge dug into the rock. :mad: Did a couple of quick strops just for the heck of it and checked what I already knew was gonna be the case: awesome HHT4 on the heel and right at the point, and HHT0 right in the middle where the edge dug in.

Oh well, at least I know my Unicot was good in the rest of the blade. I'll dull on glass later and start over.

Tonight, I'm going to bed. :|

We've all been there, Mike. I'me sure you'll have your small slip-up fixed in no time.
Good Luck to ya. :thumbup:

Bart

Good luck from me too Mike, and wait until .... And I quote (badly)

" you find yourself thinking about honing on such an intense level, that you start to understand and formulate pictures in your mind, of just what is going on at a molecular level, that's when you find yourself leavingthe warmth of the one that loves you in bed, and spending time alone in the cool still of the night, honing a razor"

Or something like that, and believe me I have been there, and so has the Gentleman that said I would be... Lol

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Ah, sweet nostalgia for the pioneering days of Coticule.be...:)

This you were looking for, dear dr. Ralfson?
Bart said:
Ray is right.
There will be a time where you lay in your bed between asleep and awake. And you'll be half a micron tall, roaming a trail that runs on top of a razor's bevel. You'll hurt your ankles on misaligned steel fragments at poorly stropped parts of the trail. You'll climb over a fallen hair that overspans the depth of a microchip. You'll see plastic flow and burr-like debris deposits. It will be cool and calm on that summit and you'll know you have reached a deep understanding of Sharpness. That understanding may really have a valid existence in your mind only, but you don't care. Because it works for you. And you 'll sneak back out of bed, away from the warmth of the one you love. And you'll find yourself honing a razor in the calm coolness of that night.

Honing a razor can be that lyrical.

Bart.

It could be worse. You could be up late at night, when your loved one is asleep, heating your coticule on a skillet.

Or you could do that in broad daylight, and not even notice that she'd long stopped shaking her head in disbelief...:D :D

I've actually been caught by the Mrs. a few times while honing on my 2x8 coticule in the shower...:love: :blush:

The response,"Oh..my god...".

Disburden said:
I've actually been caught by the Mrs. a few times while honing on my 2x8 coticule in the shower...:love: :blush:

The response,"Oh..my god...".
I frequently take a coticule into the shower to use as an excuse, myself, Nick.

Back