ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

New Stones in Vault!!

towliff

If only I wasnt a poor poor student.....that vault looks incredible! What are those fantastic dark hones you have in there (numbers 41 and 49)? Are they coticule?! 48 also looks like a new layer I havent seen and is #54 the Latneuses #4? :rolleyes:

Oh yes... cant wait to read the results of that one... it's a pity I cannot "stake" a claim just yet, so I will keep a close eye on these.... I missed the stones in the last lot:cry:

:w00t: some very interesting specimens in this lot can't wait to hear about them. Won't be trying to nab any as I already spent my hone money on the last lot :p but I still love reading about each stones unique attributes.

I see a skinny one in there. I've been wanting one for my warped straights. Here's to hoping I get the timing right :w00t:

Well, we have a very odd, red "La petite blanche" (which is a complete 'contradictio in terminis'). It's over 400mm long!
Maurice had never seen something like it, I was hardly out of my car when he went to get it saying "I have this thing for you to test...":)
Then we have a "last of the Pierres Loraines", aka Salmon Rouge, which is a particular BBW layer, sold under those names in the old days, and allegedly quite fast. That BBW layer is currently not exploited, but Maurice had one last specimen. I don't think it's for sale (maybe at an outrageous price), but I'm testing it anyway. Perhaps they'll start quarrying it again later. There are 2 "la Veine aux clous" which means something like "The vein with the nails". These have typical nail-like spikes in the BBW part. They're extremely slow on slurry. I'm curious to find out how these finish. Then we have a number of familiar specimen: La Petite Blanche, La Dressante, etc.. And last but not least, Maurice found another plate of my belove Les Latneuses, and managed to cut 4 hones out of it. (Will it be the last plate in a long time, or will be see more of these marvelous stone in the future? No one could answer that question). They're now property of the Coticule.be trust.:p

Hope this satisfies your curiosity for the time being,
Bart.

Now I feel like a hungry hound, locked in a cage with a tasty bone just out of reach...
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
Love this place!:)

mrmaroon said:
Im thinking it may be time for mrmaroon to get a big coti! im interested to see how 53 works.
n°53 is a 6"X2", if I'm not mistaken.
n°54 is L#4. It's a 60X200 "Les Latneuses", and it's mine.:p However, It's not my prefered size for a Coticule, but I settled for it because I didn't expect to come accross another one. But lo and behold: n°55 was waiting for me at the quarry. It's another Les Latneuses of 40X175, dimensions which fit my hands and razors best:love: . I still need to complete the formal assessment (I hardly ever find time to use my own Coticules:( ), but once the results are published, a few days later, during the wee small hours, n°53 aka L#4 will sneak it's way into the Marketplace, and an early riser with sufficient funds will grab it while laughing sardonically. Who shall it be? The unpredictable Ralphson? The venerable Rayman? Will Smythe stay awake from now on with viewscreens showing the Marketplace in all rooms of his drafty castle? Our young friend Mr. Maroon perhaps? Or yet someone else of the fine gentleman that frequent this place?
Or should I better come up with a little quiz once more?

Bart.

all i can say is thank you Bart. Thank u for not posting any reviews of the newh ones....as I just got in and am dr*nk as skunk and would have reserved pretty much everyuthin due to my new found love of la coticules....eventhough i wont have enough money to buy food soon !

Edit "Sir Bart"

all i can say is thank you Bart. Thank u for not posting any reviews of the newh ones....as I just got in and am dr*nk as skunk and would have reserved pretty much everyuthin due to my new found love of la coticules....eventhough i wont have enough money to buy food soon !

Back