ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Newbie error- a cautionary tale

Endalaus

Hello all

I've recently resumed shaving with a straight razor after a break of 15 years or so using safety razors. I bought a new dovo full hollow ground and a vintage near wedge from eBay to practice my stropping and honing on.

After a weeks successful shaving (I define success as shaving without injury for a beginner like me) I found one shaving hazard that didn't exist 15 years ago. A cellphone on the bathroom windowsill which plays Kashmir by led zep at full volume when your wife calls you. Sudden noises and straight razors do not play well together. On the plus side I can now confirm that a 1 1/2 inch cut doesn't hurt at all and heals invisibly after 5 or 6 days.

Every cloud has a silver lining, but sometimes it turns out to be tinfoil.

I feel your pain brother!
The learning comes quick when we're motivated!

Shave on!

-Chris

Thanks - the funniest part is that I still got a better shave than I ever managed with a cartridge razor. 4 cr@p blades are no substitute for one good blade

Ouchy Ouch ouch!...lol

I tell everyone that asks that I cut myself almost everyday for the first 6 months when I started straight shaving
the only ones that still show are a nice 1 1/2" duelling scar on my right cheek from a spiteful spike point, and a scar right on the point of my nose!

Best Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

DSC00325.jpg

You bet!

Best Regards
Ralfson (Scar Nose)

Back