ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Newbie Nails Dilucot!!! Thanks Coticule.be

Mr.Mr

:thumbup: :) :w00t: :) :) Well I'm all smiles tonight, I received a new razor in the mail today, Dovo Best Quality Razor, and before attempting a shave I decided I'd try the Dilucot on it with my Coticule. Nailed it! Great feeling and a great shave is all I can say. Thanks to all who contribute to this site. I'm going to try and upload a photo or two and maybe someone will identify the stones for me. One is a hybrid, the other coticule I don't know its technical name, but it works great. It produces slurry quickly on water so as Bart suggests I did the final passes under the tap. Worked like a charm! Cheers Mike.:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:/
Still can't figure out how to upload a photo, I'm new at using the Mac that I have and I don't know if this is the problem or just me:confused: ***Think I've got the photo thing part way sorted.*** Thanks for all the advice and help. You guys are great By the way the Pipe is a Silvertip..LOL .:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

DSC_0011.jpg

Hybrid.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

ForThoseWhoHaveEverythingPipebrush.jpg

The Coticule Tavern allows uploads. If you get an error, the most likely cause is that your image files are too big.

Tried to edit the photos on the Mac to a very small photo but still no go? I'm used to editing photos with Photo Shop but don't have it on the Mac. I'm trying to use iPhoto but with no luck. Tells me the upload is too big.

Congratulations to you good Sir :thumbup:
I too have a Dovo "Best" and it takes a very nice edge indeed, it is an absolute pleasure to read of your success :thumbup:
If I find the time a little later may I upload your photo's and place them in your original post for all to see?

Best regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Many Thanks Kind Sir!! :) I've really enjoyed using this website and even find myself sneaking a peek when on vacation. There is a wealth of knowledge and comradery here, that I've not seen or experienced elsewhere. Many Thanks Dr.

The Pipe brush is quite unique I must say. Just need some Tobacco soap to go with it! Could you post some closeups of the yellow coticule top and especially good clear side pics too please?

The first one is sure a La Verte, totally the same as mine. The second one, I don't know, Im a beginner at ID.

Well done. :thumbup:

The first one is a La Verte, as said.

The slurry stone is a La Petite Blanche. And the combination Coticule is most likely a La Veinette, as far as I can tell from this picture.

Kind regards,
Bart.

That pipe brush is awesome to look at. Now you need tobacco scented soap and a Wostenholm Pipe to finish it off.

By the way, those La Verte seem to always remind me of Jurassic Park...

Very beautiful view Sir.But i could not spoil a pipe to modify a brush.Unfortunately i am a pipe smoker.If you dont smoke its much better ,so make more pipebrush.
Best regards
Emmanuel

Emmanuel said:
Very beautiful view Sir.But i could not spoil a pipe to modify a brush.Unfortunately i am a pipe smoker.If you dont smoke its much better ,so make more pipebrush.
Best regards
Emmanuel

:D :D The Brush you might note is "a Canadian":thumbup: , and being a pipe puffer I thought that the combo would be unique. And it is, but the way it was done I could if I wanted recover the pipe (it needed a new stem and I have several more Canadians in my stable. It is functional and does works very well as a brush (and a conversation piece. But.... one time ONLY! No more pipes will be sacrificed. I could see making something from wood that looked like a pipe to do this, but not a real smoker. Nice to know I'm not the the only "brother of the briar" on coticule.be.
Thanks for your comments Emmanuel.

Bart said:
Well done. :thumbup:

The first one is a La Verte, as said.

The slurry stone is a La Petite Blanche. And the combination Coticule is most likely a La Veinette, as far as I can tell from this picture.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Hi Bart,

Here are a couple of photos that may be clearer, to help ID the stone which is most likely "a La Veinette".( I need a close -up lens.}

Thanks Mike.:)

I believe thats a La Veinette for sure Mike, see that white ripple in the BBW surface, thats my give away sign, I would imagine its fast on slurry, and gets slow on water, finishing is a bit of a knack, but you are rewarded with very very smooth and forgiving edges.

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Thank Dr,

I agree with your analysis, very fast on slurry, but slow on water. I've not spent nearly as much time on this stone as the La Verte, but love them both, none the less. The learning of the stones attributes is what keeps me interested. It's a little like unlocking a puzzle, with the reward being a sharp razor. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cheers Mike.
PS. thanks for putting the photos up, always the Gentleman.

Back