ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

No slurry at all.

Emmanuel

I would like to share an experiment more.I dulled a razor on glass. The edge was unable to shave my arm hair. I refreshed my La Dressante with a slurry stone just to chase away the dulled garnets rinsing thoroughly the hone. Performed 40 sets of 30 half strokes on clear water and then 70,80 x strokes on water too.Be advised that this hone is fast on slurry and water. The HHT was clearly 3,4 before stropping and the shave very good as usually.
Any body tried it?
Best regards
Emmanuel

Emmanuel,

Nothing can surprize me in the coticule world:lol:

I remember getting a HHT 3 off the hone (with my old scale;) ) and after stropping I decided to dull the edge.
I then did 100 strokes on linen the 100 on leather, and the edge increases to HHT-1.

So with a fast coticule.....

Regards

Laurent

I think it's very likely to work but only if it's a fast coticule and depending one the original state of the edge maybe it you use it as a touch up every few shaves but after a while of intense use i think it would not go that good. Of course as always i can be mistaken so feel free to correct me or proof me wrong :p

kind regards
Stijn

Of course it works.

Dulling on glass can even be undone by a decent stropping on linen and leather. I may not be able to revive the edge completely, but I definitely can make it pass HHT-3 again.

The idea of "dulling on glass" is not to make a razor so dull that it requires a full honing. The idea is that if the edge was convex, the effect of the glass can't be undone on a solid hone before the convexity is gone. Someone who only uses Coticules won't have to deal with convexity, but based on my experiences offering honing services, trust me that the majority of razors I receive do require bevel work.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Bart is right.The razor is one of my razor and not a razor from coticule .be service.Do not forget that me edges is always in excellent condition and never convex.I never used crox or TI paste or something similar.Stijn you have to believe me.My white hair will not allow me to write inaccuracies.
Best regards
Emmanuel

Emmanuel said:
Bart is right.The razor is one of my razor and not a razor from coticule .be service.Do not forget that me edges is always in excellent condition and never convex.I never used crox or TI paste or something similar.Stijn you have to believe me.My white hair will not allow me to write inaccuracies.
Best regards
Emmanuel
I didn't mean you were cheating or something I just think that everyone can perform this experiment with good results

vgeorge said:
'40 sets of 30 half strokes', Emmanuelle?

My friend George. First i am not Emmanuelle .This remind me .<<The last tango in Paris>> Emmanuelle is just for women's.So you have to read my name correctly. LOL.
About the strokes i didn't count how many, but i know that i worked long for the good result.
Best regards.
Emmanuel ....stop no le.
Best regards
Emmanuel

geruchtemoaker said:
Emmanuel said:
Best regards
Emmanuel
I didn't mean you were cheating or something I just think that everyone can perform this experiment with good results

Ok Stijn no problem.
Your friend
Emmanuel

Back