ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

November 22nd - November 28th

Yaqi Heavy Metal Handle Timber Wolf,
Stirling Hipster,
RazoRock Game Changer .84P on Stork Consul handle,
Feather (1),
Stirling Hipster post shave.

IMG_20201124_071225.jpg

Have a nice day!

SOTD 20201124.
lWS43Pj.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (red: pre-).
OUMO Brush / OUMO Brush imitation finest 2-band synth.
Le Père Lucien "Savon du Barbier Cèdre Patchouli" shaving soap.
Homelikeshaving "START" 0.90 OC / Stork "Templar" handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (3).
Proraso pre-shave cream (red: after-).
Loris "E-19" EdP (== Byredo Super Cedar).

Noxzema Protective Shave,
Oumo Brush LE 095/102 / silk HMW gel tip 26 mm,
Oleo Montrose Beach,
Above The Tie S1,
Tatra Patinum Stainless 4th x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Vivo Per Lei Hyacinth Hand & Body Lotion,
Loris E-108 Hugo.

SOTD_20201124.jpg

Brush and soap:
Oumo Brush LE 095/102 / silk HMW gel tip 26 mm and Oleo Montrose Beach:
What for? I don't know, but this morning I started rubbing with Noxzema Protective Shave. The foam I made with the Oumo Brush LE 095/102 / silk HMW gel tip 26 mm from Oleo Montrose Beach was so greasy and elastic that all the fuss with the Noxzema was completely unnecessary. That Oleo smells so nice and floral and fruity, that you just start dreaming of that Californian beach image with everything on it. Nice start.
Blade and razor:
Used the Tatra Patinum Stainless for the 4th time. The Tatra Patinum Stainless has already disappeared into the piggy bank. 3 average not too special shaves and then this morning stranded in the 4th turn. No not very good. First I took the Schick L, but then for the last round a fresh Treet Dura Sharp Stainless, because I wanted to know the influence of the razor. Well the Above The Tie S1 is a good slant. That the Tatra Patinum Stainless didn't work was really the blade and not the combi, because when I snapped the Treet in, I noticed how big the difference can be. To think that the Treet also disappointed me a bit, but now I have a super nice shave. Two extremities. Result BBS.
Finally: Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Vivo Per Lei Hyacinth Hand & Body Lotion and Loris E-108 Hugo finished it off beautifully.
Satisfied again.

MWF body lotion
M-keramiek scuttle
Zenith boar brush
Palmolive sensitive shaving cream
Merkur 37c + Treet carbon #2
Proraao alum
Humphrey's cucumber mellon witch hazel
Pinaud clubman as, De vergulde hand balsem

The merkur 37c feels less aggressive then the bakelite sonnal torsion. The result is the same. Nice shave with the treet.

@Harkos thanks for the review. It's a shame that the tatra falls below expectation. I had high hopes.

DA3707C3-461B-484E-8A03-77BDFE745687.jpeg

Pre-Shave: TFS Rabarbaro oil

Shaving Soap/cream: GEO.F. Trumper Violet
Shaving Brush: Yagi 26 mm. Tuxedo

DE-Razor: Leresche OC
DE-Blade: Gillette Nacet 2x

SE-Razor: Feather Professional Artist Club DX
SE- Blade: Feather Professional SE

Aftershave: Lea Classic
Aftershave balm: Lea Classic

Cheering the quality of a Koraat is nothing to apologize for. Besides I've other straights that I consider better than Filli's.
I don’t have a Fili and I started looking lately, but can’t bring myself to pay the exorbitant prices they fetch. I am curious what you think is a better shaver than Fili. Usually people that own Filis rate them the highest, but that is just hearsay...

I don’t have a Fili and I started looking lately, but can’t bring myself to pay the exorbitant prices they fetch. I am curious what you think is a better shaver than Fili. Usually people that own Filis rate them the highest, but that is just hearsay...
Schulze and P.Hospital-era Le Grelot.

SOTD 20201125.
eTgsubh.jpg

Noxzema "Classic" pre-shave cream.
J&T® wengé / Maggard synth.
Extro "Holland-Wetshavers-Belgium 2020" (44-100) shaving soap.
Karve Christopher Bradley OC-C / Stork "Consul" handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (4).
Extro "Holland-Wetshavers-Belgium 2020" (44-100) ASB.
Extro "Holland-Wetshavers-Belgium 2020" (44-100) EdT AS.

3P La Crema Prodigio,
J&T® Marble Wood APShaveCo SynBad,
Mitchells Woolfat,
Gillette Slim adjustable,
Treet Dura Sharp Stainless 1st x,
Rebul Lavanda,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
L.T. Piver lotion Lavande.

SOTD_20201125.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Marble Wood APShaveCo SynBad and Mitchells Woolfat:
After some 3P La Crema Prodigio with the J&T® Marble Wood APShaveCo SynBad a soothing Mitchells Woolfat foam on the head. What a beautiful soap that is. Unfortunately it is approaching the bottom.
Blade and razor:
The Treet Dura Sharp Stainless for the 1st x used. The Treet Dura Sharp Stainless shaves perfectly smooth. Why didn't the 2 previous ones feel this way according to my memory? In the Gillette Slim adjustable, the Treet Dura Sharp Stainless shaves smoothly and effortlessly. First on 5 for the top floor and then on 7 for the front. Nice work. BBS result.
Finally: everything is suitable for MWF, so just flowers from Rebul Lavanda, Weleda Aftershave Balsam and L.T. Piver lotion Lavande for the finish.

MWF lotion
M-keramiek scuttle
Semogue 1305 boar brush
Palmolive sensitive shaving cream
Merkur 37c + Treet carbon #3
Proraso alum
Humphrey's cucumber mellon witch hazel
Floid mentolado vigoroso, De vergulde hand balsem

The blade moved to the blade bank. Three nice shaves in a slant.

Semogue SOC Bristle Cherrywood,
Martin de Candre Original,
Rockwell Razors 6s,
Treet Dura Sharp Stainless 2nd x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Vivo Per Lei Hyacinth Hand & Body Lotion,
Loris E-162 Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb.

SOTD_20201126.jpg

Brush and soap:
Semogue SOC Bristle Cherrywood and Martin de Candre Original:
The Semogue SOC Bristle Cherrywood nicely out of the jar loaded with Martin de Candre Original. It will stay anyway and can get wet. Topsoap, unmatchable for me. Apart from a very neutral and pure smell, a beautiful foam.
Blade and razor:
Used the Treet Dura Sharp Stainless for the 2nd time.
This Treet Dura Sharp Stainless is fine to use, nice and supple and good sharp. The Rockwell Razors 6s with plate 5 for the skull and 6 for the face provided a wonderfully smooth shave with the Treet Dura Sharp Stainless. Nice combination.
Result: BBS.
Finally: the lime edc stays refreshing and doesn't dry out my skin, so again a firm splash of Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, followed by Vivo Per Lei Hyacinth Hand & Body Lotion of which the end comes in sight, plus a nice smell of Loris E-162 Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb.
What a dreary weather again, but with a shave like this I can stand it for a while.

Back