ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

November 28th - December 4th

Tjebbe

Yaqi Heavy Metal Handle Timber Wolf,
Stirling Christmas Eve,
Krect Spiral Curve,
Wizamet Super Iridium (1),
Stirling Christmas Eve aftershave splash.

IMG_20211128_082241.jpg

Omega 80097,
Stirling Grapefruit Extra Menthol,
Gillette New,
Astra Superior stainless 2nd x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Floid Aftershave Balm,
Myrsol "Don Miguel 1919" After Shave.

SOTD_20211128.jpg

Brush and soap:
Omega 80097 and Stirling Grapefruit extra Menthol:
Using the Omega 80097, I whipped up the Stirling Grapefruit extra Menthol into a nice creamy lather. This soap contains so much menthol that it is close to the limit of being able to lather up. Nice little fluffy foam it will not be. However, shaves fine and cools like the South Pole.
Blade and razor:
The Astra Superior stainless for the 2nd time.
The Astra Superior stainless shaves pleasantly. Good cut. The Gillette New with the Astra Superior stainless is a nice shaving combination. Nice and smooth.
Result: BBS.
Finally: The finish became a mishmash, but so that it fits together nicely and refreshes and cares for. Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Floid Aftershave Balm and Myrsol "Don Miguel 1919" After Shave. The Myrsol remains questionable for me, my wife likes the smell, but I always smell something I can't identify, not really like, but not so that the Don Miguel 1919 is not useful for me. Probably won't buy it again.

SOTD 20211128.
sSb4nmu.jpg

PREP "Original Formula" pre-shave cream (pre-).
J&T® apple / Cashmere.
Ariana&Evans "Tertius" shaving soap.
Vintage Probak razor / custom handle.
Astra Superior Stainless (5).
PREP "Original Formula" pre-shave cream (after-).
Loris "So Oud" EdP.

Morris & Forndran Alibaba 22mm Flattop in Blonde Badger, Ivoorwit
Phoenix & Beau - Iceni
Le Grelot "Sheffield Steel" 13/16
Tunney

Third straight shave this year. Stropped on Scrupleworks brushed cotton and swedish bridal, next Witten iXl Alaskan Seal, next Injener don't know what leather, next deer I have on load from @Hellas . The deer has a lot of draw, but a good sound.

Proraso white preshave
M-keramiek scuttle
Zenith manchurian badger brush
Haslinger Schafmilch shaving soap
Henckels Zwilling 50 1/2
Proraso alum
TFS witch hazel
Superli fougère edc, MWF bodylotion

I honed the razor on a combo naniwa stones ps ans super stones. I will try it some times and then will try a different finisher.

IMG_20211128_091358018.jpg

Razor: Pearl Flex
Blade: Voskhod
Soap: De Vergulde Hand
Brush: De Vergulde Hand originele kapperskwast
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum
Aftershave: Balea Men Energy Q10 After Shave Balm
EDT: Nivea Just Blue

Today i had a sharp blade in the Pearl Flex and i must say i had a very pleasant shave. The shaver feels heavier then the REX Ambassador but is very maneuverable. Nice razor till now.

SOTD 20211129.
behFJpl.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (blue: pre-).
OUMO Brush LE brush 087/102 / 4th SYN knot.
Jabonman "Lignum MMXIX" shaving soap.
SSSeygus 2015 SB razor.
Astra Superior Stainless (6).
Proraso pre-shave cream (blue: after-).
Loris "E-31" EdP (== Bvlgari Black).

J&T® Padouk finest 2-band badger Virginia Sheng,
Razor Master Santtu (Sandalwood),
Rockwell Razors 6s,
Astra Superior stainless 3rd x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün,
TFS Crazy Sandalwood ASB,
Old 24 Hours.

SOTD_20211129.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Padouk finest 2-band badger Virginia Sheng and Razor Master Santtu (Sandalwood):
After a long time, I took out my Steve Woodhead scuttle again. I was curious to see if there is any difference in making lather with this large bowl or the Grail. Filled the bowl with warm water and the J&T® Padouk finest 2-band badger Virginia Sheng loaded Razor Master Santtu (Sandalwood). Whipping in this sturdy warm bowl is a cinch. Had a bowl full of nice warm foam, which in terms of consistency is not inferior to the foam from the Grail, but that bowl has a nice spiral processing inside. The only difference I think is the temperature of the foam during shaving. While it cools down rather quickly in the Grail, it stays nice and warm in the Steve Woodhead. The quality of the Razor Master is fine, so nice firm foam with sufficient sandalwood scent.
Blade and razor:
Used the Astra Superior stainless for the 3rd time.
The Astra Superior stainless stays perfectly sharp. In the Rockwell Razors 6s with plate 5 it is a fine shave with the Astra Superior stainless. Nice and smooth without any side issues.
Finally: some Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün, TFS Crazy Sandalwood ASB and Oud 24 hours, which keeps the scent nice and woody and the care pleasant.
Now off to the ophthalmologist to have some cataracts lasered away.

Proraso white preshave
M-keramiek scuttle
La Maison du barbier pure badger
Edv Neiström 52 4/8
Maggard slant + Lord stainless steel #2
Proraso alum
TFS witch hazel
La rive cabana as, Lea as balm

I honed the Neiström with the same naniwa progression as the henckels. After the hones hht was not working, but after stropping on the scruppleworks strop it worked very well. I will shave with for a few times and then do a touch up on a coticule.

The slant was only needed for some touchup.

IMG_20211129_160434229.jpg

Razor: Pearl Flex
Blade: Voskhod
Soap: De Vergulde Hand
Brush: De Vergulde Hand originele kapperskwast
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum
Aftershave: Balea Men Energy Q10 After Shave Balm
EDT: Nivea Just Blue

LiJüN silvertip 3 band,
Mitchells Woolfat,
Fatip Zebrano (OC),
Astra Superior stainless 4th x,
Abzehk Olive edc,
Abzehk Olive oil cream,
Loris E-003 Acqua Di Gio.

SOTD_20211130.jpg

Brush and soap:
LiJüN silvertip 3 band and Mitchells Woolfat:
Curious about how good the lather becomes from Mitchells Woolfat in the Grail, loaded it into my LiJüN silvertip 3 band and whipped up nicely. The result is a full, firm lather that could hardly be better. The Silvertip is a bit too limp for this lather a bit more backbone would have been better, but I had the head nicely in the lather and enough for 3x lathering. Nice stuff.
Blade and razor:
Used the Astra Superior stainless for the 4th x.
The Astra Superior stainless keeps on shaving nicely. The Fatip Zebrano (OC) with this Astra Superior stainless feels very comfortable. Clean shave in 3 rounds. Nothing to complain about.
Finally: neutral and some fougère finished with Abzehk Olive edc and Abzehk Olive oil cream that smells slightly floral. Then Loris E-003 Acqua Di Gio which smells nice fougère.
Shit weather, lazy day. Thinking about next holiday destination, Spain beckons.

Proraso white preshave
M-keramiek scuttle
Zenith unbleached boar brush
Friodur 50 1/2
Maggard slant + lord classic ss #3
Proraso alum
TFS witch hazel
Erica rooibos lotion, Wilkinson senso hydro balm

Indeed crappy weather. And because of the new covid measures I know have to get up really early to bring my son to his training session.

Back