ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

November 7th - November 13th

Yaqi Heavy Metal Handle Timber Wolf,
Stirling Hipster,
Pils 101NL,
Wizamet Super Iridium (2),
Stirling Hipster post shave with a drop of Toco Tholin.

IMG_20211110_071801.jpg

Razor: Timeless 0.38 Bronze
Blade: Voskhod
Soap: De Vergulde Hand
Brush: De Vergulde Hand originele kapperskwast
Shaving bowl: Edwin Jagger porcelain
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum
Aftershave: Weleda After Shave Balsem
EDT: Nivea Just Blue

3P La Crema Prodigio,
Plisson Fibre,
Via Barberia Shave Soap Fructi,
Lutz Slant,
Ladas Super stainless 7th x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
3P La Crema Prodigio,
Myrsol "Don Miguel 1919" After Shave.

SOTD_20211110.jpg

Brush and soap:
Plisson Fibre and Via Barberia Shave Soap Fructi:
Using the Plisson Fibre to lather up plenty of Via Barberia Shave Soap Fructi. This is a nice fruity hard soap. Gives nice foam, which binds quite a bit of water and thus glides well.
Blade and razor:
Used the Ladas Super stainless for the 7th time. The Ladas Super stainless was still usable, but that was it. So it's piggy bank. Tomorrow a fresh razor. The Lutz Slant is the kind of razor that makes every blade better, so I could still shave nice and smooth with the Ladas Super stainless, but 7 times is really enough. Nice smooth result though. Result BBS.
Finally: Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, 3P La Crema Prodigio (that stuff is also usable as an aftershave balm) and Myrsol "Don Miguel 1919" After Shave to finish. Nice shave again, although I don't find the Myrsol scent very special.
On my skull I sometimes make a small cut and then it bleeds like crazy. No big deal, but it doesn't look like much either. Lately I have been using pre-shave more often, like this morning 3P La Crema Prodigio and I don't see any problem with these wounds. Would that stuff be of any use then?

Proraso white preshave
M-keramiek scuttle
Zenith unbleached boar brush
Haslinger Schafmilch shaving soap
Leresche OC + Treet platinum #1
Proraso alum
TFS witch hazel
Pitralon classic as, Lea as balm

The mystery of the Valencia box of @FvL and the comment of @efsk reminded me that I have a leresche like that. To be honest the handle came in a leresche box with an unis france sb head. I put a marked leresche head on top of it

Shave was good with the treet platinum blade.
IMG_20211110_125640077_HDR~2.jpg

Proraso Crema Pre Barba,
Rod Neep Silvertip extra dense LE 2014 #07/12 Shasoc,
Chiseled Face Cryogen,
Mühle R94 Rocca,
Rapira Platinum Lux 1st x,
Kremlon Ice Cologne,
Cien Men Hydro Age Q10,
Green Freeze Lemon (Osage/Mennen/Cajuputi/Menthol/Lemon).

SOTD_20211111.jpg

Brush and soap:
Rod Neep Silvertip extra dense LE 2014 #07/12 Shasoc and Chiseled Face Cryogen:
The time of year determines my soap selection to a lesser extent than the smoke around and in my head. Well this morning a solid refreshment was needed, so pre-lathered with Proraso Crema Pre Barba. Then chilled lather whipped with the Rod Neep Silvertip extra dense LE 2014 #07/12 Shasoc from Chiseled Face Cryogen. That does a nice job of lifting the dullness.
Blade and razor:
Used the Rapira Platinum Lux for the 1st time. A fresh Rapira Platinum Lux to feel the difference with the Lada again. It is a big difference. Nice plowing through the refreshing foam. I am starting to appreciate the Mühle R94 Rocca more and more. Mild shaver, with decent efficiency. In this Rapira Platinum Lux and the result is fine. It doesn't get any smoother and with less effort is also hard to be equalled. Nicely smooth in 3 rounds. Result BBS.
Finally, further cooling with Kremlon Ice eau de cologne, Cien Men Hydro Age Q10 and Green Freeze Lemon (Osage/Men/Cajuputi/Menthol/Lemon). Then the eyes were open.

SOTD 20211111.
3rQEeFJ.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (blue).
J&T® purpleheart / Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle knot.
Razor Master "Sauli" shaving soap.
Vintage "G.I. & Co" (George Ibberson) razor / custom handle.
Wilkinson Sword (4).
TDS "Patchouli:Vetiver" AS.

Yaqi Timber Wolf,
La Toja,
RazoRock Game Changer on iKon Bulldog handle,
Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus (1),
Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Princípe Real.

IMG_20211112_071642.jpg

Noxzema Protective Shave,
Maseto Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush - Memphis,
Bomb Dead Sea Salt Soap,
Gillette 7'O Clock New Made in England,
Rapira Platinum Lux 2e x,
Mennen Skin Bracer AS,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam.

SOTD_20211112.jpg

Vulfix 404 Grosvenor Mixed Badger and Boar Bristle,
Stirling Bergamot Lavender,
Fatip Grande Rutinia,
Rapira Platinum Lux 3rd x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Cien Men Hydro Moisturizing,
L.T. Piver lotion Lavande.

SOTD_20211113.jpg

Brush and soap:
Vulfix 404 Grosvenor Mixed Badger and Boar Bristle and Stirling Bergamot Lavender:
Slowly approaching the end of the pot of Stirling Bergamot Lavender. Whipped up in the box with the Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed Badger and Boar Bristle nice creamy lather. The scent is fine and should also be replaced, but don't know yet by which one, because actually I want to go for European.
Blade and razor:
Used the Rapira Platinum Lux for the 3rd time.
Rapira Platinum Lux is a very fine blade, which I have counted among my favourites for years. Actually my standard blade. Everything that is good should be able to match this, but a lot is below average to bad and there are only a few better ones, like Kai and Wizamet. In my old Fatip Grande Rutinia, the Rapira Platinum Lux is very apparent. This Fatip looks like a Roedter, but since I've never used the latter consciously and bought my razor as a Fatip I don't know any better. I do have a new Fatip here and it is quite a bit tamer than this old version. Good, I shave nicely with it and most of the time it doesn't bite, but I have to pay attention to that.
Result: BBS.
Finally: freshly finished with citrus and lavender with Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Cien Men Hydro Moisturizing and L.T. Piver lotion Lavande. Good start of the weekend.

Back