ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

OCtober 18th - OCtober 24th

Oumo Brush LE 095/102 / silk HMW gel tip 26 mm,
Musgo Real classic zeep,
Gillette Tech Fat Handle,
Treet Dura Sharp 4e x,
Musgo Real classic AS,
Musgo Real classic ASB.
SOTD_20201018.jpg

Yaqi Timber Wolf,
Wholly Kaw King of Oud,
Henson Shaving AL13,
Feather (1),
Wholly Kaw King of Oud aftershave balm.

IMG_20201018_094413.jpg

Nice headshaver! Little cloggy, but very nice.
Played a bit with losening the handle by a quarter and by a half turning of the handle.
Nice, it's the first razor where losening don't make the blade ramble to much for me.

Today afternoon shave. And have to say a nice one, yet an irritation, using a razor that shaves perfectly and has been in my possession for a while, but I just can't figure out the maker. The only clue is the mark that I cannot find anywhere in the books.

Who knows, another member of this forum may have an idea.An
Anyway, the shave. in 2 passes BBS (almost a shame that there was nothing left to shave).

Unknown razor 7/8.
Chiseled Face Ghost town Barber. Custum synthetic brush.
alum.
Gentlemens Pride Asb.

Attachments

• 20201018_135928.jpg
    20201018_135928.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20201018_132105.jpg
    20201018_132105.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 11
Today afternoon shave. And have to say a nice one, yet an irritation, using a razor that shaves perfectly and has been in my possession for a while, but I just can't figure out the maker. The only clue is the mark that I cannot find anywhere in the books.

Who knows, another member of this forum may have an idea.An
Anyway, the shave. in 2 passes BBS (almost a shame that there was nothing left to shave).

Unknown razor 7/8.
Chiseled Face Ghost town Barber. Custum synthetic brush.
alum.
Gentlemens Pride Asb.

@Rudolf1 you have some mighty good looking razor!

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Semogue 1305 boar
Cachet du tabac de Maigret shaving soap
Gardette new improved type + Lord superior platinum
Vdh alum
Humphrey's cucumber mellon witch hazel
Epsilon scottish spirit, isana ultrasensitive balsem

I skipped yesterday. Two passes with the gardette and I was smooth again.

I hadn't used the epsilon in a whille. It smells nice.

IMG_20201019_072627568~2.jpg

Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush,
Barrister and Man Adagio,
Ikon Shavecraft 101,
Treet Dura Sharp 5th x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün,
Mennen Baume Energisant,
Pinaud-Clubman Whiskey Woods.

SOTD_20201019.jpg

Brush and soap:
Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush and Barrister and Man Adagio:
When you are guided by a database in which you choose the products to shave with and then you forget to fill it up properly, it is possible that you have soaps that never come up for consideration. This morning I was loading the Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush from a jar of Barrister and Man Adagio, a delicious soap that had never been used by me before. I forgot to put this delicious flower, musk and a light menthol note scented soap in a table. Yesterday I noticed that there was a difference somewhere and that was 3 pots of soap, which had been unopened for a long time, a luxury problem. This adagio is tasty and not a pity that it came back up again.
Blade and razor:
The Treet Dura Sharp used for the 5th x.
The Treet Dura Sharp reached my 5 standard, but not completely convincing. This is the 2nd blade, which I use, but I think I have better blades. This is of course very personal. The blade is not bad, but certainly not an above average good blade for me. Somehow he quickly loses his cut. The Ikon Shavecraft 101 combination with the Treet Dura Sharp is not effective. This razor has two sides oc and sb, but doesn't make much difference whichever side I use, don't get that really smooth feeling. Well, optically smooth, but too much hair remains, when I feel over my skull. Funny, the beard is smooth.
Result: DFS.
Finally: nice and autumnal finish with Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün, Mennen Baume Energisant and Pinaud-Clubman Whiskey Woods. Tomorrow another forgotten soap.

Back