ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

One more ID

Emmanuel

Mates and Bart. This hone post before for ID with my vintage heritage coticules. Bart described this hone as: La Dressante upper layer.He was sceptical as said because the photos was not much detailed. This hone has different behavior than another La Dressante confirmed by Maurice when was bought from Ardennes .The new photos are more detailed. If is help i thing but i am not sure that the yellow side has a little bit became darker(more yellow).So i need one more ID for this.The blue side shows highlights.The sides seem clearly with the natural color.Hone is fast on slurry and normal with water.
People go ahead and especially Bart ho has indulge on this issue.

Best regards
Emmanuel

Emmanuel,

It is a La Nouvelle Veine. The textured appearance of the surface combined with thin blue hairlines showing at the side of the hone in the Coticule part, running parallel with the separation line, is typically for Le Nouvelle Veine. It's a layer with variability, but many of the stones are quite fast on slurry. I used to think they were always very slow on water, because I only assessed the speed on water with light pressured X-strokes. Many people are now assessing speed on water with pressured halfstrokes, and that reveals Coticules that I used to qualify as "slow" (because there was no water discoloration), now being qualified as not so slow. In the end, it doesn't matter much as fhe edges will be sweet anyway.

Kind regards,
Bart

Back