ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

pronunciation

Hello and welcome to Coticule.be :thumbup:

I say: Coti-cool, although I do have a thick regional accent, I have heard others say "Cotti-cole" so it beats me? I know for sure however that they have never been called "coti's" lol

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Thanks.
I have inherited my father's razors and coticule which is missing a slurry stone. Is there something I can use as a substitute slurry stone?

Indeed you can use another Coticule, a diamond plate (DMT) or a piece of "wet and dry" type sandpaper, if you use a DMT be sure that is has been used once or twice before, as new ones can release particles which will contaminate the slurry

Best wishes
Ralfson (Dr)

Joseph
Welcome to coticule.be.Go to google translation. English to French.Write coticule in english area.Will show the same in French area ,click on hearing,that's the correct pronunciation.
Best regards
Emmanuel

At about 1'13" in this Youtube video, you'll hear a pretty perfect pronunciation of the word Coticule. But for an English speaking audience, I guess it's okay to anglicize the word a bit. For that, start with the word "testicle". Now, replace "tes" with "cod": Codticle. Close enough. They are male by the way. As in: "The Coticule honed the razor. He treated her with kindness".:)

Kind regards,
Bart.

Back