ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Raderullo DE Safety Razor

Snowbeard

Here's a Raderullo, from Italy. Obviously a razor that's not seen too often (to understate it).

At first glance it reminds me of something that might be used on a pet!

Comes complete with rollers and a pretty unique "fork-like" attaching system, as you can see.

I haven't tried it yet. But I'm surprised how good rollers work on another Italian razor that I have (a V.I.R).

Raderullo Roller Razor, 53g, Italy 1.JPG
Raderullo Roller Razor, 53g, Italy 2.JPG
Raderullo Roller Razor, 53g, Italy 3.JPG
Raderullo Roller Razor, 53g, Italy 4.JPG
Raderullo Roller Razor, 53g, Italy 5.JPG
Raderullo Roller Razor, 53g, Italy 6.JPG
Raderullo Roller Razor, 53g, Italy 7.JPG
Raderullo Roller Razor, 53g, Italy 8.JPG

Here's a Raderullo, from Italy. Obviously a razor that's not seen too often (to understate it).

At first glance it reminds me of something that might be used on a pet!

Comes complete with rollers and a pretty unique "fork-like" attaching system, as you can see.

I haven't tried it yet. But I'm surprised how good rollers work on another Italian razor that I have (a V.I.R).

View attachment 37405View attachment 37406View attachment 37407View attachment 37408View attachment 37409View attachment 37410View attachment 37411View attachment 37412
Is that some sort of patent number at the bottom of the razor? I can't make it out.
Asking for a friend.

Well, I gave this Raderullo a go today. Worked great.

I inserted the blade between the tongs to start. Then I added the cap afterwards. The cap and blade and tongs gave a satisfying clicking sound coming together. I thought to myself "these aren't goin' anywhere". Flimsy feeling, it was not.

The shave was very nice. Kind of like painting using a roller, or mowing the lawn. It's that easy to use. It felt relaxed and comfortable right from the start. The handle, being oddly shaped, took a while to get used to but overall it was easy to hold.

By the final pass I noticed that the rollers weren't engaging much (the top of the cap running almost parallel to the face).

I whipped through my usual handful of passes. Right at the end, I got a bit cocky, of course. I recall thinking that I don't usually make this move as I rolled the razor up the underside of my Adam's apple. A slight bind occurs, and a cut. Basically a result of getting a little too comfortable a little too quickly. But, this razor encourages that!

Back