ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Scale material

torbenbp

Gents

For different reasons I have a CNC cutter to my availability the next four weeks,amongst other handy pieces of equipment.

Actually,I have a month to make the darn thing work,so why not try making some straight razor scales..

But I need some material fitted to high speed cutting machinery.... ie.some 12-15000 RPM`s if I`m not mistaken.

So the material must be relatively heat resistant though fitting for scales.

Aaaand..It must be available within the EU..
Aaaaaaand,not cost a bundle...

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Torbs

Hi Emmanuel

Sorry,I have no pictures before monday or so.
It`s a rather crude and primitive setup,controlled by a PC interface and some unknown programming system.
But it should be suited for cutting scales.
Torbs

torbenbp said:
It`s a rather crude and primitive setup,controlled by a PC interface and some unknown programming system.
Lol, it doesn't sound "crude and primitive" so far... Unless you have to program the curve manually by the code. :lol:

I guess I was`nt being clear...the hardwareis quite primitive. It`s a Dremel type piece of high speed apparatus mounted on rails and connected to electric motors.

Torbs

Torbs,
Why don't you give a shot at Aluminum (yeah ... I can hear the Traditionalists: "Stone Him!!!")
But seriuously, it meets your requirements of cost and availability and having a CNC tool at hand you can do marvelous things to that material. And in my view, NOTHING beats the look of high polished Aluminum - at least if mounted on some old performance iron on two wheels ;)
Cheers
BlueDun

torbenbp said:
I guess I was`nt being clear...the hardwareis quite primitive. It`s a Dremel type piece of high speed apparatus mounted on rails and connected to electric motors.

Torbs

Torbs, it's well past Monday and we are still waiting patently for photos....

That machine should have an interface board to connect to a processing unit such as a computer... otherwise you would be hard pressed to make use of it.
If it is that primitive, then perhaps not to a computer, but there has to be a way to input information so the motors can move the cutters and do the work.

I have a few ideas to make use of it... but would need to know its capabilities... and how to communicate with it.

Cedric:

I still hav`nt been able to fool around with the machinery - actually I hav`nt been remotely near it - and I fear I wont be able to play with it.. I still hope to have a go at it but right now it`s not possible. Sorry for keeping you waiting!

Torbs

Back