ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Sept. 29th - Okt. 5th 2019

60030069-4B11-44E7-8810-D0BC361A9B7F.jpeg
Pre-shave:
Vitos Menthol
Shaving Soap / Cream: Barbus Classic
After Shave : Floid Vigoroso
After Shave Balm: Floid

Shaving Brush: Semoque 24 mm. Silvertip 2 bander.
Safety Razor: Colonial Razors The Silversmith
Razor Blade: Gillette Permasharp

Today used for the first time the Barbus Classic shaving soap and this meeting was a very pleasant one so may I say.

Fine fragrance and a nice greasy sliding lather so just a very good shaving soap.

Declaration Grooming Washington B3 Nebula
Extro - Absynthium Artemisia
Unknown - A110b, black knob (t)
Voskhod (!)
Alum

Very pleasant, slightly medicinal smell, this soap.
The slant did its job perfectly.

Prep
J&T double band
M-keramiek shuttle
Tabac shaving soap
Heljestrand razor
Thayer's witch hazel
CHH Tobacco AS, balea ultrasensitive balsem

The heljestrand sharpness improved after a new hone, but it can and must improve.

Started with the Tobacco. At least one refererence to a Tabac/Tobacco must be present in the shave.IMG_20191001_060007630_HDR.jpg

BD786527-F2C3-4882-834D-C098109CE2C5.jpeg
Tuesday morning:

Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Super Speed/Shark day 3
Wriggly Tin Coffee SS
Dave’s Homemade ASB
Proraso Red AS Splash

This Shark blade is performing very well so far - today was my third time with it. The Wriggly Tin Coffee soap smells beautiful, its lather is unbelievably rich as well as so easy to work up, and it leaves such a comfortable postshave feeling thanks to the goat milk in it. Dave’s balm is a work of art - a nice scent with awesome moisturizing and soothing. I love the scent of the Proraso Red aftershave. I only needed two passes to get a fantastic BBS shave!

Omega boar
Stirling Satsuma glacial
Pereira shavery bowl
Robuso 4712 6/8
Osma alum
Speick asb (sample)

What a great soap!
I’m starting to think the razor is losing a bit of sharpness.
Nice 3 pass shave, but a little bit more irritation than i am normally used to with this razor.

4982A3AA-02C5-4A58-B2EF-BD1FD7744986.jpeg
Wednesday morning:

Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Super Speed/Shark day 4
Bundubeard Kudu’s Kick SS
Prep ASB
F&C Black Powder AS Splash

Originally I planned to use an Egyptian mentholated cream but the Kudu soap was begging me for some love so that’s what I selected this morning and to be very honest I’m happy that I did. Ah, that scent........wow, it’s absolutely delightful, I had enough lather for two guys to shave with, and the menthol sensation was wonderful. Jaco’s soaps are also extremely moisturizing and skin friendly so how could anyone not love them? I had lots of great additional postshave care from the Prep and the Black Powder aftershave from Folsom & Company smells lovely - not only that, it gives a good, strong menthol punch. BBS from three glorious passes!

Yehuda

Back