ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

September 24th - September 30th

Dovo Bismarck 6/8 Full Hollow
Grooming Dept Chamomile & Lemon Preshave
Martin De Candre Argumes Shave Soap
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Spash
Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Balm
Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
IMG_8018.jpeg
IMG_8019.jpeg
IMG_8020.jpeg

sos230930.jpg

Saturday Straights' Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
Col Conk Amber Shave Soap
Jayaruh #447
Gold Dollar 280
CWR
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Col Conk Amber Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #447 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gold Dollar 280 straight gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and then Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Voskhod
Soap: Denim Original shaving cream
Pre-Shave: Prep
Brush: AP Shave CO 24mm Sinbad Butterscotch handle
Aftershave: De Vergulde Hand Alum
Aftershave: Nivea Men Silver Protect Aftershave Lotion
Aftershave: De Vergulde Hand Aftershave Balsem

RAZOR: Pearl Flexi Adjustable Open Comb
BLADE: Willy’s Premium
BRUSH: Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive 20mm Silvertip Badger
LATHER: OSP Urban Viking Shaving Soap

XUYvDAz.jpg

My new Pearl Flexi Adjustable Open Comb razor arrived yesterday and I was impressed with the fit and finish.
The first shave with the new razor was pleasant. I chose an OSP soap and my Rudy Vey brush because that combination always gives me great lather. The blade used was Willy’s Premium, anumber of wh’chcame with rhe razor.
I did two passes, first WTG and then ATG, with three days' beard growth. On the first pass, I used setting 3 and rode the cap mostly – still a good deal of blade feel. On the second pass, I switched to setting 2, and again rode the cap – not really a noticeable difference in blade feel.
This very careful first run with the new Pearl OC produced a two-pass DFS. I would say the shave at setting 3 was slitghtly more aggressive than my go-to‘50s Tech, but with considerably more blade feel.
I enjoyed the first shave, but it will probably take a few more to dial in the ideal angle.

Back