ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Shaving and strop making in Norway

TM280

Hi,

On this week's edition of our human interest tv program, Norge Rundt, they found one of the few barbers in the country that still does a straight razor shave (though he shaves clients with a shavette, they show him stropping on one of my strops and a few strokes on a hone). They also came to my place to talk about strops and wound up capturing a good shot of my La Petite Blanche and a HHT 3-4 (@ about 13:00) while I'm making a strop (before and after).

The edition is tied together with the shaving segments, so they are in between other stories, but the whole show is only 25 minutes and you can click the fast forward (if you don't want to watch cakes being made and flying pianos in a foreign language). The dialog is mainly all banter, so not much to learn there...

The website checks your connection speed before loading the video page: http://www.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/725639/

regards,
Torolf

PS: during the bit at the very end, the program host managed to cut the sound man and his own fingers, twice!

Torolf if this shave performed with this soap, is the stellar.
prod-7593-250-250.jpg

Best regards
Emmanuel

Believe it or not, I have not tried the Fitjar soaps. And they are in my area, but they are not sold in the shops (not the only scent I am interested in, anyway) and their shipping was a bit over what I thought was reasonable...

In the video it seems he is using a full Poraso lineup, and face lathering.

regards,
Torolf

I still need to figure out how to view the video. My computer sees little use these days, and the IPad won't play it.:(

Bart.

Bart said:
I still need to figure out how to view the video. My computer sees little use these days, and the IPad won't play it.:(

Bart.

Search the Apple app store for "Azul" it's a film player that works well with most formats :thumbup:

Best wishes
Ralfson (Dr)

I think you can't play the video because the ipad(and iphone, itouch) doesn't support flash and most online videoplayers are flash

kind regards
Stijn

No such luck, Torolf. The IPad doesn't install Silverlight. But I'll figure it out on my laptop later.

Thank you,

Bart.

Great show Torolf! The host was very frantic and "animated" but you kept your path clean..comb,relaxed and knowledgeable..wonderfull to see how skilled you respect/reintroduce:thumbup: the old traditions. Thanks for letting us know..
Kindest regards
Torbs

I finally managed to see the video. :w00t:

The host seemed a bit, well eh, overwrought, but our Torolf made a perfect appearance: confident and succint. :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing, Torolf. That HHT was awesome. They were impressed enough to give it in slowed down replay, right? :rolleyes:

Bart.

Glad you all liked the show, there were perhaps more interesting things (to me) that didn't make the final cut.

That program leader is known for being a bit "jumpy". I am afraid that what you think is my composure is really the manifestation of a deep angst for being filmed...I went along with the program, but it is not something I would have solicited...:blush:

I was a surprised they captured that HHT so well. They were a bit impressed with it, we forget how alien this activity can be, always nice with slow replay...:)

regards,
Torolf

Back