Shops in London to get all the soaps/creams?

Jantjeuh

I'm going to London in the near future, and am planning on coming home with them good creams they sell there.

Does anyone know if I have to go to each shop separately (if so I only go to Germyn street, where there are two in one street, Taylor and something else) or is there like a big shop somewhere where they sell all of them in one spot (a mall etc...)?

I'm sure someone has been there already :)

Thanks

G

Yes, there are such shops. No, I'm not telling you, because you really want to go to Jermyn/Old Bond Street. Trust me. There are more than two shops there, and they are all well worth a visit. Only thing is, I never saw a decent straight razor for sale there.

Jantjeuh

I will for sure go to Jermyn street, I already told my girlfriend :) Other than that and going to the pub these are my only wishes as I've seen plenty of London (one of my favourite places on this planet, which I have seen so far..).

But really, I looked up where Truefitt & Hill are, and they are too far away from Jermyn street, so I will not go there, but I would like a cream of theirs. So is there such a shop? We'll mostly be staying near the main shopping area (that's where we'll stay, not necessarily because that's where the shops are). Jermyn street is smack in the center so it's a given that we go there.

Does Old Bond STret exist? I thought that it was siùmple Jermyn street??Please do share the name of the shop where I could get a look at all creams together :)

Edit: And while we're on the topic: Please suggest me your favourite cream of the London based shops. I don't want to come home with 8 jars (I can never ever finish even one.. takes me forever) so I'll be quite selective. So please give your suggestions along these thread, I'll make a list :)

tat2Ralfy

TOBS lemon and lime does it for me, but I add a little glycerine as it dries out a little too quickly for me, I also use Kent luxury soap, man I would love to try their creams, and I use a kent pure badger brush its like a thousand angels kissing your face :thumbup:

Jantjeuh

Thanks Ralfy!

Here's my list so far:

I buy for sure: Taylor's avocado & rose.
The lemon and lim will depend on the smell, not that great a fan of their natural smells, I like warm smells instead of fresh/cool smells (weird I know).

So that Covers Taylor, that shop has me sold already.

Now the other twp, perhaps because they are mor expensive or rare, I can not get a lot of rebviews from their products!!

I was thinking:

Truefitt&Hill: 1805 - But is it worth it? I'm only buying T&H if they are truly better than Taylor, because they charge you quite a few bucks more, you can get 3 taylors for one T&H...

Trumpers: sandalwood? Not sure here either, can't find any recommendations!

I'm kinda counting on BeBerlin here who I believe has tried most of the creams in this galaxy?

The Taylor's are set, I just need help on T&H and Trumpers. I'd like to get one of each, but it is not necessary if they are not worth it of course.

G

Jantjeuh said:
Now the other twp, perhaps because they are mor expensive or rare, I can not get a lot of reviews from their products!!
There are some in the SRP archives, and over at B&B. My opinion of B&B reviews is well known, but I felt obliged to mention it. But if you can read German,
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Jantjeuh said:
I'm kinda counting on BeBerlin here who I believe has tried most of the creams in this galaxy?
Personal preference only, and therefore highly subjective: Get TOBS creams. The have the best scents, and the creams are absolutely top notch. The others aren't any worse, but - as you said - more expensive. Something to keep an eye on whilst in the UK would be Edwin Jagger creams. Much cheaper, and absolutely top notch.

Happy shopping,
Robin

Bart

Jan, just so you would know. I recieved word about my order. Your tub of Caraceni Domenico should arrive within a short time. :)

Have fun in London,

Bart.

pedalpowersailing

T@H is 2 mins from Taylors which is 2 mins from Trumpers etc etc

Within a 5 min walk you have all the shops you need

Visit them all and see what the deals are

Jantjeuh

Yes, I noticed T&H is just around the corner as well. Funny, I think I passed through that street a couple of times last time I was there, but I was looking for 'Old Bond Street' in stead of Jermyn street lol, so never found it.

Jantjeuh

Taylor is really nicely priced, I don't think I'll be getting any T&H...

Do any of them make a good not too overpriced aftershave?

How about hard soap? DR Harris etc.. is in the neighbourhood too, so let me know

tat2Ralfy

I only have 2 soaps I love on their own, Kent luxury, and my all time favorite Tabac, I use others with their same brand creams to make uberlather, and most creams I like on their own as well, apart from Ingram, man that stuff burns!

Jantjeuh

Yeah don't think I'll get any soap. I don't think it can get any better than Tabac, and I've grown to... LIKE the smell. I never hated it, but now I like it, I associate it with the shave. They also have a VERY good aftershave, yes it does smell like an old man, but still, nothing treats my skin as good as that thing. Plus it is cheap if I remember correctly..

I'm now thinking of getting the creams from taylor and perhaps a post shave thing from the other shops. Any recommendations on that part? I hate marine (aka AXE, gillette, wilkinson, and so many more) smell.

tat2Ralfy

Jantjeuh said:
They also have a VERY good aftershave, yes it does smell like an old man, but still, nothing treats my skin as good as that thing. Plus it is cheap if I remember correctly..
I smell like that :cry: lol

I use Nivea aftershave balm, it has no lasting smell, stings then soothes wonderfully, and its dog shit cheap, its ace!

And young men can use it too :thumbup:

garyhaywood

I stock taylors cream bowls the avacardo and rose are exallant . don't bother with the lime it drys out so quik sandle wood is nice but does'nt lather up as nice as avacardo and rose.

I tryed taylors pre shave oil but i realy don't think you would realy need it the soaps are nice i'm using taylors lavander its great soap and last for months .

tat2Ralfy

garyhaywood said:
don't bother with the lime it drys out so quik
I used to have that problem with my TOBS lemon and Lime, but now I add a squirt of pure glycerine, its transformed it! So I have started adding glycerine to almost all my lathers, and I always lather in a bowl never on my face. :thumbup:

My Mrs fancies the Sandlewood as a xmas pressie for me, do you think making a uberlather with a plain soap e.g. Erasmic would help with the lather and keep the Sandlewood fragrance Gary?

garyhaywood

I'm not sure. The sandle wood seems to be the best seller. The lime does'nt smell that good neither cyril r salter do a nice citrus cream pot.