ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

slurry stone...

jfdupuis

Hey guys,

I just got my new "replacement" slurry stone from Jarrod at the Superiorshave (awesome service BTW). When I ordered it, I asked him to pick a unique looking one. THe stone I received is sort of orange-reddish. It creates slurry fairly quickly and leaves a darker almost light orange slurry on the stone. Do you guys have any ideas what layer it might be and if it will change the property of my stones. I'm assuming that the slurry created is coming partially from the stone itself and partially from the slurry stone. I'll take some pics later.

Cheers,

JF

applause.gif
:thumbup:

As far as I understand, the type of slurry stone doesn't make much difference to the type of hone you're using.

RicTic said:
As far as I understand, the type of slurry stone doesn't make much difference to the type of hone you're using.
That is correct sir.

Jean-Francois, if you need a layer determination, you'll need to post the usual pictures (surface + side).

Kind regards,
Bart

well I just tried a quick unicot on a razor using my new slurry stone. It definitely creates a different much thicker slurry. It also creates slurry much easier than my other one...

That's a piece of La Dressante, or otherwise Les Latneuses. Try to hone a razor on it (I'm not kiding), using water only. If the water starts turning black after 10-20 circles, it's definitely a chunk of Les Latneuses. Otherwise (most likely) it's a La Dressante (upper layer).

Kind regards,
Bart.

It goes black quick! So i'm guessing
That weird looking slurry i was talking
About is a bit of the latneuse

Too bad it's too small to use as
A stone. I really love the slurry. Good combination with the slurrh and
The la nouvelle veine

Back