ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

SOTM :)

Matt

Sirs,

Today is the first time when I had a shave with a razor in the morning.:w00t: I know most of you will smile on this, I have always been an evening shaver, both because I do it slow (and the more I do it, the more I think that my stubble/skin just won't accept a quick shave) and because my mornings are painfully dizzy, sleepy and I act in most irrational ways.

But, yesterday I decided not to spoil another evening with my Anna, and postponed the shave until the morning. I set the alarm clock a bit earlier than I usually wake up and (after a failed attempt to start snooze) I stood up with the excitement of the shave coming up.

I'll spare you all the details, I'll just say the razor touched up and stropped yesterday was HHT-ing 4/5 with thin Anna's hair (I'd say they are [sup]1[/sup]/[sub]3[/sub]rd of what was in the OTB package), so it was mellow. Just two passes, oil before 2[sup]nd[/sup] one, barely any alum sting, just splash to end with.

What a great start of the day! With whopping -14 Celsius outside my face felt just, well - regular. :) Splendid.

Just wanted to share some great moments. Thanks for reading, have a nice day! :thumbup:

cheers,
Matt

Congrats Matt :)

It's a lovely way to start the day, I too usually shave in the evening, early morning Ralfy and straight razors don't mix too well

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Well, well, look who we got here, another evening shaver in disguise! Soon it will turn out that most people pull out their razors after dusk... :)

Well, early morning Matt and anything but breakfast don't mix to well, haha - Anna was quite amazed. :>

regards,
Matt

I usually also shave in the evenings just because i'm to lazy to get up more early in the morning:lol:

kind regards
stijn

hehe I'm an evening shaver too. Due to my caffienne dependancy issues, more than any time constraints (work starts when i get there) By the time I've had three good cups of coffee, I'm far too wired to be able to slow down and enjoy the process, and sometimes, when my indulgence has passed some threshold or other, the tremor it induces is inimical to holding such a sharp blade to my skin.:scared:

This is really interesting, but I shave in the evening too. But thats because now I can do it. I could not while I was shaving with disposables and cartridge garbage. I would have to shave in the morning again, but with straights, I am BBS/DFS until 2-5 pm.

Last time I tried to shave in the morning, I buggered up my strop... I'm just not a morning person... at all...

Even when I try to shave in the morning, I typically end up sleeping in and not having time. See, my asleep self is somewhat of a selfish jerk. He steals the sheets (and sometimes the pillow!) and refuses to do anything but sleep even when another person tries to reason with him about getting up. I even have a hard time rationalizing with him. Apparently people have had fifteen minute long conversations with him without conscious me remembering, though. At least he doesn't know how to use a computer!

Interesting to see so many evening shavers here.
Same here, except for weekend mornings. Well, late morning.

Alright, alright, mid day...sometimes slightly later. Like in the afternoon. :/
But I do enjoy those early morning weekend shaves the most. ;)

I do an early morning Sunday shave (read afternoon) sometimes I actually do shave in the morning though, and its nice to spend 8 hrs afterwards enjoying a smooth face, instead of asleep.

Regards (just off to shave @ 10.35pm)
Ralfson (Dr)

Edit: scratch that, my asleep self is calling me to bed, making today a NSD (no shave day) tomorrow I will shave a.m. and because it is our day off, I might, just might, manage it before say 10.00 a.m. :O

I must say that a whole day's rest helped my skin a lot, seems like several hours of rubbing freshly shaved skin against a pillow do me no good. 24 hours later there's only minimal itch from time to time, and it looks - and feels as well - like most of the whiskers managed to pierce back through the skin. I should also note that I used some gentle peeling face wash in the evening and in the morning, too. Oh yes, and I also paid special attention to zero razor pressure.

Hints, Chris, my baby-butt-face pal. :)

regards folks,
Matt

I never thought I had so many late riser brethren. I always take flights that let me leave the house later than 1100 so I can stay up late when the phone doesn't ring and the world is quiet. Consequently, I usually shave the night before even though I take a shower just prior to leaving the house.

It is amazing how long a great shave will last, but I have to admit, since being associated with Bart and the other crazies at Coticule.be, I seem to live for the next experimental shave. I think I will take some testosterone treatment to speed up the hair growing process.

I also am much better at every small muscle endeavor in the evening, from handwriting to honing, and much less likely to have a nick at that time. Consequently, shouldn't we change this thread to SOTN?
Soon to be Wolfman, Denny

I'm also an evening shaver. I used to shave in the morning before heading to work around 5:20 a.m., but now I just shave the night before (usually around 9:30-10 pm). I look presentable most of the day and that's all that matters. Even when I get a little stubble, it's still 10x better than those people walking around with random patches of hair left on their face (got to love an electric shaver for doing that)

JF

I have a friend who loves his electric. I tried it once and was amazed that anyone would even call that a shave. It felt like a real shave after eighteen hours, and I really pushed at a couple spots enough to irritate and it still wasn't smooth. Go figure.

Back