ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Star Safety Razors and accessories

Walid

Name: Star Safety Razors and accessories
Author: Renzo Jardella
Year: 2011
Pages: 90
Price: 25 GBP initial price Currently at 35 GBP around 45 USD.
Availability: Still available, but we don't know for how long.

This book is the best reference for Kampfe hardcore collectors. Simply nothing comes close. I consider myself a Kampfe collector, so, take from me.
This book contains all the known heads except HR-P1 that the Author didn't have at the time of printing but acquired later from Howard Hazelcorn (the author of the first book on Kampfe razors) collection.

About the Author: Renzo Jardella has the largest razor collection we know of. Some big collectors that visited him and saw his collection all agree on one thing: It's overwhelming. About 8000 razors. Legendary!

The book is made of an excellent quality paper all in colour and the razor pictures are bright with high resolution. It contains only razors from 1875 to 1919. The author insists that he wanted to add to previous authors like Hazelcorn and Robert Waits and go through the same grounds again but wanted to photographic reference for collectors.

So, what's inside?

• The Kampfe boxed sets produced by Kampfe Bros (36 in total)
  • The Kampfe sets produced by other retailers: Not all are here as there were many retailers and even prestigious hotels in Paris started putting their names on boxes with Kampfe stars in them.
  • The Tin Collection (Cylindrical and Oblong ), almost all of them are there more than 70 with the lithographic print variations.
  • The Blade banks variations
  • The stroppers variation
  • Razor handles variations
  • Shaving sticks
  • Cosmetic containers
  • Strops
  • Brushes
  • Corn razors
  • Replacements blades
  • Envelopes
  • Unusual findings (Rad the book to know more)
To collect all those items, it would take long time and good connections. And that he has.

For a Kampfe collector like me, this a feast for the eyes.

This book is a must have.

PS: I asked permission from the author to post some pictures from his book and he kindly accepted.

20221208_125038.jpg
20221209_001653.jpg
20221209_001615.jpg
20221208_125638.jpg
20221208_125131.jpg

I agree. An essential book for Kampfe collectors.
And yes, Renzo's collection is amazing. Not just Kampfe razors. Everything. You name it, he has it. (no Bunny V2 though teufel_lachend)
Just one note. The book is frequently available on eBay and sold by the author.
Currently, there isn't one listed, but last month he sold some for $30/£25 plus shipping.

Love this Book. Love all Renzo‘s Books. Even though they make me weep when I see what was out there and is no longer available for us mere mortals.

Renzo, got the review, he says it's pretty accurate.

Love this Book. Love all Renzo‘s Books. Even though they make me weep when I see what was out there and is no longer available for us mere mortals.
It makes me weep too. I get comfort though, by the fact that I don't have much room to display as many as he has. I will be happy acquiring just another 80-100 razors for the next 15 years. It's good that I am sticking to my policy "don't buy what you will not display".

That's a nasty policy. The "getting a larger house so I can display more" get in the way of "getting more razors to display".
So you're in the camp "why not have RAD, when you can have RAD". I knew it, you better show in RAD anonymous next Wednesday. :kaputtlachen1

Back