ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Success!

Paul

The new stones are available for reservation, and I closed my "reply" requesting to be added to the lottery for nº 68 (I'm an unabashed La Petite Blanche-ophile). Stunning group of stones!

What about credit 1/2 points awarded for those of us showing a modicum of self control? :lol:

Good luck, men!

As exciting as it is... I too am going to step aside:( My hands are full as it is.B)

If I was going to, i'da taken a shot on #68 as well too, Paul, based soley on looks of course!:thumbup: Or number 64... or number 65... or...

I also almost requested a reserve on 68 because it's so beautiful. I've already got a vintage "Dalmation" otherwise I would have. 68 has three really nice and bold attractive traits at first glance. The spots, the salmon streaks, and the parallel blue veins in the coticule layer. All are things I think add to a coticule's beauty, but I just can't justify another coti just for looks... today. I still have a week or so to decide if I wanna try. ;) Now if it were 40x200mm I would be all over it.

I did notice your reservation for # 64 Ian, Good luck! I hear so many great things about the hybrids. And they are so gorgeous on the hybrid side. The photo's I've seen remind me of images I've seen of the clouds of Jupiter

:thumbup:

There are some beauties there for sure. I'm tempted but I'm taped out this month after getting an Escher.

I just logged on and missed the lesser priced ones. I wish I were at a place to buy one of the higher priced, but I feel that they should go to someone who knows more of what they are doing. It will become one of those "someday" purchases. If I were smart I would first send a razor to be honed on a coti so I could feel what I am missing.
Congratulations on your ability to hold back. I have little reason other than skill, but you did well.

They are pretty though.

deighaingeal said:
I just logged on and missed the lesser priced ones. I wish I were at a place to buy one of the higher priced, but I feel that they should go to someone who knows more of what they are doing. It will become one of those "someday" purchases. If I were smart I would first send a razor to be honed on a coti so I could feel what I am missing.
Congratulations on your ability to hold back. I have little reason other than skill, but you did well.

They are pretty though.

You're in luck because the "reservations" don't really mean anything. If you want a chance to buy one of those, go to the reservation thread, state your interest in a specific stone, and a fair process will be used to determine who gets it. The "reservations" are simply indications of interest.

Gerrit, you didn't miss them. If you're interested you can opt for them too, read the new conditions Bart has made for this Vault edition. :thumbup:

<edit> Oops, this is what happens when you click a link and get back to it 20 mins later. :)

cheers,
Matt

Sorry I didn't realize. Not to steal away your thread, but what if you were interested in more than one stone, but only to be sure that I could get one of them not both?

deighaingeal said:
Sorry I didn't realize. Not to steal away your thread, but what if you were interested in more than one stone, but only to be sure that I could get one of them not both?

You're only allowed one reservation per "period" That's a decision you need to make. I'd try to get the one I really wanted irrespective of the amount of interest from the rest of the crew. Truthfully, at this point, I'd just contact the mine with my "wish list" stone, and let them tell me when they come across it. But, I'm a bit of an odd duck these days B)

richmondesi said:
deighaingeal said:

You're only allowed one reservation per "period" That's a decision you need to make.

That's correct, but only for the duration of the initial 5-day reservation window. After the window closes, the stones that remained unclaimed can be reserved just like it always was. The new system serves only to give every one a fair shot at getting the most wanted stones, without the need to be online 24h a day.

I hope everyone sees the "logic" of the chosen approach.

Kind regards,
Bart.

jkh said:
I really like the new reservation system :thumbup:

I agree. I was quite intrigued as to what Bart was going to come up with for a new reservation system. I figured it would be some kind of a lottery, but the credit point system is unique and ingenious. Thinking outside the box at its very best! :thumbup:

Back